“Great location/food, service was less than adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 743 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Indian, International, British, Irish, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great location/food, service was less than adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited here after reading reviews in Trip Advisor. Great location! The restaurant itself has a lot of character. I had the Fish n Chips. Huge piece of cod! Very good and served hot (a rarity these days)! My partner had the Cuban sandwich (a new discovery during our visit to this area) and it was very good as well!
The service was horrible. An older waitress who acted as if she could care less that we were there. She would disappear and was not attentive.
A man who appeared to be an owner/manager appeared several times, but never bothered to speak to us until he saw me taking a picture outside and heard mention that it was for my review .
Don't know that we will come back until I hear the service is better.....

• 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lmendeznp

Land O Lakes, Florida
“Great location but has gone downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Used to be our favorite St. Pete restaurant but the service was incredibly inattentive on our last visit, and food not as good as it once was. Too bad because you can't beat the location. Fine for beers!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Dee Dee C
Delano, Minnesota
“It was delish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We found Moon Under Water and decided to try it after reading the great reviews. The service was nice, fast and overall great. I feel the prices were well worth the delicious food.

I had the Jerk chicken sandwich- yum!!
Mom had a huge cob salad- yum!!
Dad had the hamburger- good but nothing special.

After you MUST go a few doors down and get gelato at Paciugo.

• Visited February 2013
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
“Very British Colonial”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There is so much character to Moon Under Water. You feel like you are in Colonial India in the early 20th century. And the food has just as much character.

Visited December 2012
Lenexa, Kansas
“Fun Restaurant in Downtown ST. Petersburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to Bradenton to visit my cousin. We had landed in Tampa about an hour before and stopped in the St Petersburg area for a late lunch. We were looking for a place to eat with a water view and came across the Moon Under Water restaurant. Unfortunately there was some construction underway next to the restaurant, so we took a table inside wiwthout the water view. Tehy are supposedly known for the fish and chips, so that is what I ordered. My wife ordered a fish dish with curry. The fries (chips) were just average but the deep fried fish was quite good. My wife's fish dish was above average but not great. The service was quite good and had we been seated at a table outside (without the construction noise) it would have been an even more enjoyble experience.

Visited January 2013