“This is where the locals go” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
St. Petersburg, Florida
“This is where the locals go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Prepare to stand in line. The menu is diverse. Food is good. The place is packed whenever we have been here. Great breakfast place

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Hobo Hash Heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm so glad we drove a bit to get to this place. Awesome dicey ambiance kind servers, and excellent, well-priced food. Get there early for the $2.75 breakfast special until 8:00. We had the breakfast pie and hobo hash. Both were very good, although the pie was a bit rich for our liking. Don't miss the specials board. I will definitely go back and try other menu items! No credit cards accepted,

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Ham What Am!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We've been to Skyway Jacks a few times over the years & the food & service has always been above average. It's a nice homey little place off the beaten tourist track but well worth the trip. This time I ordered something called Ham What Am. After a short wait our waitress appeared with 2 plates. I assumed one was mine & one was my wife's. Boy, was I wrong. Both were mine. On one plate was this huge slab of ham...12" x 8" x 1/2" (at least) thick. On the other was a mountain of home fries & a big ol mess of scrambled eggs. My wife & I just looked at each other. I couldn't believe how much food I had in front of me & all for 8.50! Will definitely be back at Jack's the next time we're in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Clearwater, Florida
“Real Soul Food & more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Be prepared to eat a ton of food, all freshly prepared in a homey little café, good prices, friendly Southern hospitality. The $5.75 special (2 eggs, choice of bread, and a ton of homefries or grits) was 3 times too much for me. It was all tasty.
Menu also offers scrambled brains and other specialties, as well as Greek omelet and more.
It is located on the west side of highway on the north side of the Skyway Bridge. It is a locals favorite in spite of its old appearance outside.
We always try to eat breakfast or lunch here when we are in that neighborhood.
They do NOT take credit cards!!!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“I LOVE THIS DIVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been coming here for over 30 years! The original owner sold it but it is still great. Best for breakfast. Some of the original servers are still there. Expect a wait on Sunday mornings. It's just great. You will see a fisherman sitting next to a judge. Best sausage gravy in the South. They even have SCRAPPLE!!!!!! You can't go wrong here. Big portions. Every thing you wouldn't expect to see is on the menu. I love Skyway Jacks.

• Visited October 2013