“Good Food Nice Decor” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American, Tex-Mex & Caribbean kitchens. A St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos, most proud of our personal service.
Pahrump, Nevada
“Good Food Nice Decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We enjoy the food at Red Mesa and would stop once and a while when visiting St Pete. It's shooting for high-end Mexican cuisine as reflected in the prices and decor. I had the Pork Verde ($9.50) and it was delicious. Hubby had something called Chicken Fernando ($9.50) and wasn't as impressed. It was good, just not special. It annoys me that they charge for chips and salsa, but I guess you can't be upscale with free chips? They're doing something right, though, because the place was packed. Service was friendly and efficient. Definitely worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best Mexian food I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Really really good. My friends and I loved everything from apps to dessert. Allison was our server and was just as sweet as can be...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Terre Haute, IN
“Good Food, Friendly Service, Enjoyable Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was interested in stopping at Red Mesa from the reviews I've seen here on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed.
Stopped in at about 1:00 p.m. on Fathers' Day. Definitely busy and the hostess informed our party of four that it would be about a 20 minute wait. Within five minutes we were seated, nice start. The chips and salsa were a brought to the table while we viewed the menu. Didn't ask the server to bring them, didn't check to see if there was an extra charge for them. Didn't care we would have ordered them anyway.
I had a combo plate with a tamale, tostada, enchilada, and refried beans. The food was served quickly, great flavors, and a good presentation. I requested some of the house hot sauce. Fantastic. Heat and flavor both.
We will definitely return to Red Mesa on our next visit to St. Petersburg.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Will not go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

First no free chips and salsa. $3 for something most give you as a complimentary appetizer. Was disappointed. Food was way over priced and didnt have a wide variety of things to choose from. Some items on menu had to come as is with "no exceptions". Felt out of place here. Had valet parking but the parking lot was only 25 yards if that.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best of St Petersburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Red Mesa has been my families favorite restaurant for years. It's also the go to restaurant for our out of town guests and the one everyone wants to go back to. We have never had an issue with the service or the meal. Love the red sangria!

Visited May 2013