“Loved the food!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American, Tex-Mex & Caribbean kitchens. A St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos, most proud of our personal service.
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Loved the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We tried ceviche for the first time & it was fantastic! The spinach salad was delicious & the duck burger my son had was awesome.

87% Recommend
“Beautiful atmosphere, one cranky server almost ruined it for us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We walked in to be sat and overheard a brunette server with a ribbon around her ponytail complaining about closing. The hostess sat us, beautiful atmosphere!! We waited at least 15 minutes before asking the hostess who our server was because no one had come to wait on us. That same server (kind of tall, medium build, brown ponytail) seemed to be working in our section but never came to us. I guess the hostess maybe forgot to tell her? (She was very pretty, long red hair) finally, a perky blonde server waited on us, comped our drinks for waiting, and got our meals right away. The food was delicious and drinks good. The atmosphere, blonde waitress, and food made up for our wait. Our visit was around 10:30 pm on Friday march 22.

Raleigh
“Unique, Delicious, and Wallet Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

On the recommendation of a local, we have eaten at the Red Mesa twice after visiting the museums and waterfront. Both times we enjoyed sitting in the outdoor area, being lulled by the waterfall and gardens. Happy hour extends from 4-7 pm and there are bargains to be enjoyed. Their Sangria and Margaritas are excellent. We savored them while enjoying the tortilla chips with varied sauces (black bean, guacamole, and chili queso). Three of us ordered different meals and all were excellent and reasonably priced:the duck quesadilla, the chicken burrito and the shrimp platter. I can't remember the descriptions but all were uniquely prepared and wonderful. The chef has a real flare and his creativity shows. My husband is a plain eater and the server guided him through choices that helped him enjoy the meal, offering him the sauces on the side so he could taste them or not.

The outdoor space is not the only pleasantly decorated area. The bar and the indoor space each offer something for the inner interior designer in me to admire. There is a nightclub upstairs that seemed pretty popular but we were there too early for that. I will return again and again.

• Visited March 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“OMG!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is why I go out to eat. Never a bad meal here and always great staff. I'll go back again and again. Really well run and tasty.

Visited March 2013
costa rica
“One of my all time favorite restaurants!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been dining at Red Mesa since it opened. The food is terrific, and keeps getting better and better. The enchiladas are flavorful without being over the top. The fish dishes are delicious. I have yet to try a dessert as I am usually to full to even consider it.
The staff have always been friendly, efficient and seem to love the food as much as we. I have taken several friends to Red Mesa and they all want to return.
This is a great find.