“Unique, Delicious, and Wallet Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Of Mexican origin, fused with flavors and favorites from Latin American, Tex-Mex & Caribbean kitchens. A St. Pete landmark, known all over for inspired dining at its best, garnering numerous awards and kudos, most proud of our personal service.
Raleigh
“Unique, Delicious, and Wallet Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

On the recommendation of a local, we have eaten at the Red Mesa twice after visiting the museums and waterfront. Both times we enjoyed sitting in the outdoor area, being lulled by the waterfall and gardens. Happy hour extends from 4-7 pm and there are bargains to be enjoyed. Their Sangria and Margaritas are excellent. We savored them while enjoying the tortilla chips with varied sauces (black bean, guacamole, and chili queso). Three of us ordered different meals and all were excellent and reasonably priced:the duck quesadilla, the chicken burrito and the shrimp platter. I can't remember the descriptions but all were uniquely prepared and wonderful. The chef has a real flare and his creativity shows. My husband is a plain eater and the server guided him through choices that helped him enjoy the meal, offering him the sauces on the side so he could taste them or not.

The outdoor space is not the only pleasantly decorated area. The bar and the indoor space each offer something for the inner interior designer in me to admire. There is a nightclub upstairs that seemed pretty popular but we were there too early for that. I will return again and again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

St. Petersburg, Florida
“OMG!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is why I go out to eat. Never a bad meal here and always great staff. I'll go back again and again. Really well run and tasty.

Visited March 2013
costa rica
“One of my all time favorite restaurants!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been dining at Red Mesa since it opened. The food is terrific, and keeps getting better and better. The enchiladas are flavorful without being over the top. The fish dishes are delicious. I have yet to try a dessert as I am usually to full to even consider it.
The staff have always been friendly, efficient and seem to love the food as much as we. I have taken several friends to Red Mesa and they all want to return.
This is a great find.

Wilmington, DE
“Amazing Unique Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is not in my opinion a typical Mexican restaurant. Went there on a Wednesday night during spring break time, and the place looked slammed. But we managed to have drinks and the Shrimp Fundido at the bar. This was an awesome appetizer, and just the beginning. By the time we finished our appetizer our table was ready. We ordered the duck enchiladas and the cedar plank roasted pork tenderloin. We just kept saying THIS IS INSANE! Everything was so good, it just made us happy to be there. I highly recommend trying as many things as you can here, the menu is just so good. Service was friendly and quick, and our food came out quickly and piping hot. Oh, and they served the duck with swiss chard that was to die for. You know it's good when even the greens make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Clearwater, Florida
“Mediocre food, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our waiter was polite, took our orders accurately and served us quickly. For lunch, I ordered the wild mushroom quesadilla and my date ordered the chicken burrito. The flavor of the quesadillas was good, but the filling was on the meager side and the presentation garnish was chopped cabbage. My date told me that the burrito was all right but she would not order it again. I tasted it and would rate it as Taco Bell quality.

• 3 of 5 stars Food