“Best Around!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking!
Ranked #4 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
“Best Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is our third time staying at this hotel. I am a Rays fan and my girlfriend is a Redsox fan so I picked this hotel due to its close proximity to the Trop, not to mention they have a free shuttle that takes you to and from the game! The bar is very nice it has a great craft beer selection with a lot of local brewery's on tap, which are very responsibly priced and on Tuesdays are only $3 ALL DAY, you cannot beat that!! We also tried a few entrees and all the food was great, especially their grouper sandwich, probably the best one I have ever had and it was only $10! Overall this place cannot be beat and we will definitely be back. Last but not least the staff is extremely friendly and are very welcoming. We spent plenty of time at the bar and all the bartenders were great, especially Leah, do yourself a favor and check this place out!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Lake City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Absolutely the greatest hotel experience I have ever had. Clean rooms, super friendly staff and a very upbeat atmosphere. The St. Petersburg experience isn't complete unless you stay at the Hollander.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. Room was very cozy and quaint. Bed was hard as a rock, but everyone has different tastes. Nice for a change of pace.
Food in bar was very good, especially the jalapeno cole slaw.
Now for the bad. Hotel accepts dogs, which I don't have a problem with. But when there is one in the room above you doing laps around the room for a solid 8-10 hours it gets a little annoying. There are wood floors in the rooms and sound carries very well.
And to housekeeping- when the sign says "DO NOT DISTURB" it means please don't knock on the door and announce yourself. That is the function of the sign. If you must know if we have checked out then walk to the front desk and ask.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your comment, We take every comment and review very seriously,
I do apologize for the dog barking, and I wish I would of been told about the noise, I would of called the owners and have them remedy the situation with their dog. Our check out time is 11am,
and the housekeepers always wait til 11am to knock on any door that is scheduled to check out.
I have talked with the Head of Housekeeping to make sure that this rule is being followed. We really hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to having you back very soon..

Sincerely, Nick Herring
Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Hollander this past weekend & loved it. Very clean, lively atmosphere, and friendly staff. I arrived early, not necessarily expecting to be able to check in, but they had rooms ready & got me right in. My daughter is moving to St. Petersburg & I have already booked my next visit! No complaints about anything!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the Great comments, We are so happy you enjoyed your stay,
We look forward to your next to trip.

Lithia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at The Hollander Hotel this past weekend for my Niece's wedding that was taking place in St. Petersburg. I can't say enough how great the entire staff treated me and my family. They went above and beyond what was expected to make sure we were comfortable and had a pleasant stay. The staff makes it a point to know everyone staying at the hotel and it is such a warm, friendly atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and the price point is great. Free breakfast during the week and a really nice expanded buffet breakfast for only $10 on weekends. Great live music on on the weekend, and The Tap Room food was outstanding. Great location for a long weekend in St. Pete. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nick H, General Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
It was so Great having you and your family in, We enjoyed you and your Awesome Family..
I look forward to seeing you soon...

p.s. Thank you so much for my fruit basket, IT was delicious....

Nick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice renovation, decor, atmosphere and excellent staff. Air conditioner had hard time keeping up in older part but they got us a fan and it solved the problem. Great tap bar, good food! Will stay again for sure!

• Stayed May 2013
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sadly we checked out, had a parting cappuccino and vowed to return at the first opportunity. Art deco (or eclectic Florida :-), everything you could want - great price, warm/friendly/professional staff, great coffee shop, awesome craft brew bar, live music/piano bar, $10 gourmet brunch with made-to-order omelets, collectables of an era everywhere, inside/outside lounging/eating, tasteful +++; there's no catch for $95/night, seriously !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollander Hotel? Share your experiences!