“fantastic place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 47 hotels in St. Petersburg
Tampa, Florida
“fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

this hotel is in the middle of St. Pete downtown. walking distance to everything. it was very clean. the staff was eceptional. restaurant had delicious food. great bar with live entertainment. there is a coffee spot by the restaurnt. fantastic sugar free latte. not always available in other places.

Room Tip: we had a queen room. lots of room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

This was mine and my boyfriend's second visit to St. Petersburg, and the Hollander Hotel was worth every penny. We stayed for two weeks and not a moment passed by that we were impressed with the excellent service and genuine friendliness of the staff.

This place offered us live entertainment, delicious meals at the on-location restaurant called Sachas, and creatively strong drinks in the lounge which we enjoyed on the huge front porch at night right before bed.

The manager Nick, made sure we were having a good experience and I've never seen someone so focused on quality. Anything we needed or asked for, was provided.

My boyfriend and I will definitely be back. This time we will be sure to bring the dog since they are pet friendly and boarding her is way to expensive. Wish there were more places like this.

• Stayed January 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I checked in for a week just one day prior to a scheduled surgery. I stayed at the Hollander, my husband, the hospital.
We were told when checking in that the night time music could be loud so we were put on the 3rd floor to avoid disruption. We weren't told that there is no housekeeping service for those staying longer than a week, had to go to the front desk twice for toilet paper and clean towels. After that, I was told that I was put on the schedule for clean towels and basic cleaning every other day. It didn't happen. There are NO clothes hangers, one lamp, iffy air/heat, no housekeeping, no clock very limited TV, low quality linens and VERY loud. The parking is very limited, no reserved parking for hotel guests and a dirt lot with no lighting as the alternative parking lot. It did not feel safe.
The positives are a nice coffee shop and wonderful spa.

Room Tip: Good luck...maybe ask for the third floor and bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick H, Manager at Hollander Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We always offer full amenities. That weekend we were sponsering A breast cancer awarness event. with live music and a fashion show benefitting Breast Cancer. The hotel and lobby area was packed with supporters of this Great Cause. Some of our guest did have to use our overflow parking, the night of the event. we do have 24 hour security on the property 7 days a week.

Sincerely, Nick
Baraga, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed for one week in January (the weather was fantastic), and really enjoyed our stay at the Hollander. The staff are very friendly - rooms are VERY clean. The hardwood floors are beautiful. The lobby and porch provide an excellent atmosphere for just hanging out. Walking distance to downtown and there is a bus stop nearby for the "Downtown Looper" which is worth the ride for a quick tour. This property has recently undergone a major update and is very tastefully done. If you like old world charm this is the place. Easy access to interstate highway by car. Rooms are not large by current standards (it's an old building), but we found it comfortable. Overall, this is a GREAT place to stay for a vacation. Be sure to visit the Dali museum and take the guided tour!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Petersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff and owner and clean rooms. Homey atmosphere and super tap selection! We will definitely be back! I loved the beautiful hardwood flooring throughout and the front lobby eclectic global decor. Within walking distance to downtown and the Beach Drive/ beautiful Straub Park.

• Stayed January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I spend quite a bit of time in St. Petersburg and I believe we have stayed in just about every hotel downtown and elsewhere! We stayed at The Hollander for two weeks and I have to say that one word kept coming back to mind: Cheers. Yes, it is like stepping into the bar "Cheers." By the time we left, I felt like I knew the staff personally and they knew MY name! This is a brand new hotel and although they have a few kinks to work out, it is going to be an awesome place to land. The lobby is VERY inviting with an area for drinks and food and the coffee shop attached is outstanding! This is a pet friendly hotel and although I did not have my pet with me, I enjoyed watching others come and go with their dogs. Everything is within walking distance of this hotel and there is very comfortable seating inside and out on the veranda. Charming atmosphere. The owners should be complimented on the decor. We loved the laid back environment and friendly staff. A big thank you to Sheila and Will (front desk,) Nick the GM, Greg the bartender (who makes a GREAT Cosmo) Crystal (restaurant server) and Brigitte (the coffee shop owner.) We have already rebooked for two weeks in February! A fun place to stay and gather with friends. Try it out!

Room Tip: If you are noise sensitive, request an upper floor. The first floor can be noisy due to the lobby/ba...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Truly a Great place, The lobby is very nice, Wonderful Bar and Grill, Very charming rooms.
The outside porch dining was great.. very friendly and welcoming staff.. live music in the restaurant on certain nights, a very nice affordable menu. Craft beer offered in the bar, clean, comfortable rooms with city views, it was a short nice 3 block walk to the center of downtown and to beach blvd on the bay. I stayed for 3 nights and I felt very welcomed and appreciated by the entire staff, I will be back in St Petersburg next month and I will be staying at The Hollander Hotel again..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hollander Hotel? Share your experiences!