“Smokin' Sauce” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
3650 Tyrone Boulevard, St. Petersburg, FL 33710 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
727-341-2990
Dining options: Takeout
Omaha, Nebraska
“Smokin' Sauce”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I don't usually go for BBQ chains, but we decided to give Sonny's a try. We loved it! Greated by friendly staff as soon as we opened the door, seated immediately, and got drink order placed.

It took some time to go over the menu...so many choices! I had the pulled pork with a baked sweet potato and cole slaw. My husband ordered a full slab of baby back ribs, baked beans, and fries. We shared fried okra for an appetizer. The okra was lightly breaded and good. The pulled pork was melt in our mouth tender! Sonny's has 5 different bbq sauces on the table and the Smokin' was my favorite. It was sweet and hot at the same time. My husband enjoyed the ribs and preferred the sweet sauce. All meats are served smoked, but not sauced so that you can add what you like. We both had cornbread with our meals, but you have a choice of that or garlic toast.

They had really good looking desserts, but we were too full! I would definitely go back to Sonny's! Good food and good prices and good service!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Gramgo, thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed our pulled pork and ribs with the Smokin' BBQ sauce. We appreciate you taking the time to write your detailed review and hope to see you both again soon!

“Good food at good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went last night for the first time and glad we did. I travel all over the country eating BBQ and I enjoyed this. Reminds me of the stuff I get in KC and St. Louis. The prices were really good! We got a two person deal for only $18 which each getting an entree with 2 sides and an appetizer. Portions were big and tasty. I'd recommend pulled chicken, turkey was good as well. Beans were nice and spicey, corn bread moist and like a little mini loaf, and BBQ nachos tasty with not being overloaded with BBQ sauce. The place is a huge chain in FL so the restaurant itself was nothing fancy. We went dinner on Sunday evening and it wasn't crowded at all.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Banny9949, thank you for your great review! We're glad to hear that you're a fan of our BBQ and enjoyed the pulled chicken, beans and corn bread. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“Dowh Home BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Well I love BBQ and Ribs...I am a NORCAL girl, with a downhome southern cooking thing for BBQ...We were just driving by and saw the place and decided to stop in. It was clean, friendly, and good and very INEXPENSIVE!!! My husband loved the beans, I loved the ribs, and my son loved the chicken, and we had to buy every bottle of their BBQ Sauce...Krista was a good server!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for the great review, Mike and Joanna W! We'r glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your BBQ dinner! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you all again soon for more ribs, baked beans and chicken!
Pennsylvania
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I haven't really visited Florida if I don't go to a Sonny's. For a chain they are really good. ANY of the bar-b-que is good. 4 different sauces to squirt on your plate. Generous portions. 2 for 1 drinks/beer on fridays. Excellent prices.

Visited September 2013
Seminole, Florida
“Good food, great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Been to this location twice, and other locations in the area a few times. This location by far has the best service. Each time the staff is courteous and friendly. Always ask us if we want to take a beverage to go.
The food is great. Their dry rub ribs are excellent. The service is always fast as well. Couldnt believe when our food was brought out so quickly.

• Visited July 2013