“Weekly Wine Down Wednesday Lover!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #195 of 705 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Weekly Wine Down Wednesday Lover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Every Wednesday I look forward to delicious food, a relaxing atmosphere, and best of all- 1/2 off all glasses and even bottles of wine! The pizza is one of the best in the area, the scallop appetizer with lobster bisque sauce is to die for, the caprese salad is great, and I crave their garlic bread all the time! My first experience at Gigi's was the worst I've ever had as far as the service. My second trip we met Nenad who is hands down the best server- we request him every week and have never been disappointed! Every restaurant needs a Nenad! I've tried a few of the dinners, but my favorite things to order are what I usually get every week- sooo good!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Was not very pleased with the food. The service was very slow, when there where not many people in the restaurant. But the inside was very nice.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Poorly managed store of normally good local chain”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

If you are looking for a restaurant with good management, this is not the place to go. My friend and I went here early for dinner today (Saturday) as we had a 7:30 show in Tampa to attend. I normally would have gone to their quaint, homey site on St. Pete Beach, where I have always had a good experience, but because we were headed to Tampa, we went to the site that used to be a most outstanding Bonefish Grill.
Only one other table in the entire restaurant was occupied when we arrived, a couple with a roughly 10 year old child, sitting in a window booth. The very young hostess seated us in a non-window booth, not too near the other patrons. Within 10 minutes of seating us, the hostess seated a family with two small children (toddler and perhaps 4 year old) directly behind us. My friend and I are obviously older and we asked to be moved and also asked why she seated this family right behind us when the whole rest of the restaurant was empty. She had no answer but let us move to a booth of our choice, then proceeded to seat the next two groups, one with three and one with four people in the booths in front and behind us, while now, all the window booths were empty. Since these tables were served by two other wait persons, not our server, Patrick, who was outstanding, it sort of seemed suspiciously spiteful to us. After that, all other patrons were seated at window booths.
Our conversation with the manager, Tim, was less than satisfying. He approached us with hands on hips and an obvious attitude, and definitely did not have customer service on his mind. He was rude and insulting, without giving us any satisfaction. In fact, he apologized to the table behind me, for my complaints, saying he was sorry for me being loud. I never raised my voice to this man, despite his disrespect.
As a nurse manager for most of my working life, I would never have treated any patient or family so rudely. And the one thing I learned early on as a manager is that if people have a good experience, several people will hear of that through you. If you don't have a good experience, at least ten people will hear about it. I think in today's internet world a report of a bad experience is exponentially greater than ten people. I would NEVER recommend Gigi's on 4th Street in St. Petersburg, no matter the quality of their food.

Visited March 2014
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
“Great food and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice atmosphere for a moderately priced establishment. The food quality is excellent. They have early bird specials on Wednesday and half priced wine. The pizza is outstanding. Salads are great also.

Visited February 2014
“Good lunch menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Had lunch here with a few friends who have dinner here regularly. Not at all crowded, so excellent service. Had the po'boy (shrimp) sandwich, which was excellent. A Philly cheese steak was also well received. Fries can be ordered crisp or extra crisp. Both were ok, but not top notch.

• Visited February 2014