“Best italian food in st pete :)” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 724 restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian
“Best italian food in st pete :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been coming here since they opened last year. Their pizza is deff new york italian style, my parents love the egg plant rollatini, their wings are great, pasta is amazing every time (sisters favorite voka sauce) you get what you pay for by far the service is excellent they treat everyone like family. I don't have one complain about them neither does the rest of my family. It is by far the BEST ITALIAN PLACE IN ST.PETERSBURG

88% Recommend
“Best Italian restaurant in Pinellas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Do not know what JStewartFl is talking about. The lasagna & the manicotti both have ricotta chz. I've had a couple of parties that I have gotten catering from Toscanas, including the lasagna & everyone wanted to know where it was from because it was so delicious! I have also never thought that the bread tasted frozen, especially since if you go in early enough, you can see him making the bread in the back. My family has been coming here since February & we will continue to eat there at least once a week.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best homemade, authentic Italian food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been eating here since June and I love the food. I've never had a bad meal here and this place has more authenticity than the chains out there. I'm 1/2 Sicilian and love the food. This is a fabulous family-owned and run business. I eat here weekly and will continue to as long as I can. The chef/owner will prepare the food anyway you like it. The snapper Francesca is my favorite. My husband loves the manicotti and the calzones are awesome. Don't listen to the negative review. Try it for yourself. You won't be disappointed. What you get for the price is great and you can't beat the taste.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely not #7 in St Pete”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

After searching TA and finding the reviews for Toscana online and the #7 ranking, we thought this was going to be a great addition to our list of restaurants in St Pete. It made the list alright, but of places that we will not repeat. This is not a restaurant that should even be ranked with other Italian restaurants in the area such as Bella Brava, Grazzi, or even Gigi's. we ordered a variety from the menu, and althought the pizza was fair, it does not hold a candle to Gigi's. we started with the bruschetta and it was ok, the bread tasted like frozen loaves not homemade. My daughter and I both ordered the lasagna and it was not made with the right kind of cheese. There was so much mozzarella that it was difficult to even try to eat it. Once we got into it it was still cold inside which indicates to me that it was just frozen lasagna that they had added canned sauce and cheese to. The sauce had a pungent odor and was not good. Once I informed the staff of the cold lasagna, they were nice enought to microwave it with even more cheese on top! My wife ordered the manicotti and it was not made with ricotta as well, only mozzarella and it was not edible either. My wife had the Cesar salad with hers and the dressing was for a bottle. The soup was suppose to be their speciality and it was canned beans with pasta added. Needless to say we won't be back. Beware this is not a place that should even be rated in the top 500 restaurants in St Pete. I would rather have had Pizza Hut!

New York City, New York
“Authentic & Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place has delicious fresh food! Being from New York I'm a big skeptic when it comes to food. The owner is from Italy and makes everything fresh- even the bread! Truly a gem that's different from all the other pizzerias. The pasta fagioli is amazing!!! Great service, friendly staff this restaurant should be in New York with Florida prices!

• Visited December 2012