“Sunken Gardens St Petersburg FL” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Gardens
Attraction Details
St. Petersburg, Florida
19 attraction reviews
“Sunken Gardens St Petersburg FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a special look at Old Florida, within the city limits and right next to a Carrabbas Restaurant.Make an afternoon of it and go back in time. Quiet, natural and beautiful! Show your children the real Florida. There is also a Children's Exploration building for hands on education and fun; a very small gift shop.

Visited October 2012

Barberton, Ohio
“Beautifu gardens for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I visited while on our vacation and were so glad that we did. The admission was $8, what place can you get into anymore for that price? We entered and walked at our own pace and my husband stopped to take a lot of pictures. We saw very beautiful flowers and plants that we've never seen before. The landscaping was very nice. We saw a bird that we've never seen before, pointed out to us by some nice ladies. I read in previous reviews that the flowers weren't blooming, etc. I would guess that the time of year you visit plays a part in that. We must have been there at a great time and it was very lush and green! I was so glad we decided to go as it was a very hot day, but it was very worth it. As previous reviewers said, this is a hidden gem.

Visited June 2013
Saarbrücken
“Beautiful garden!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

As a lover of photography and flowers this was a great place for me to go! Beautifully landscaped and taken care of. Flowers and plants from all over the world. Will be back!

Visited June 2013
3 attraction reviews
“If you like quiet, peaceful beauty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Sunken Gardens is passed up by many. No amusement rides, loud music or vendor carts.
It's ...... quiet.
You're welcomed by Monarch butterflies, Dragonflies and incredible florals.

Visited May 2013
West Warwick, Rhode Island
20 attraction reviews
“Go for Yoga!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The garden part--flowers, etc--was not that impressive. I may have been there at the wrong time of year for blooming, but it is still nice to take a stroll through the park on a sunny afternoon. I primarily went to take a yoga class, and I really enjoyed it. It made for such a nice setting--and they were not always in the same spot in the garden, so that kept it interesting. See the website for yoga schedule and fees.

Visited May 2013