“Not for beach lovers” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bermuda Bay Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Petersburg
Bermuda Bay Beach Club
You added Bermuda Bay Beach Club to your Saves list
3657 42nd way South, St. Petersburg, FL 33711   |
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Tampa, Florida
“Not for beach lovers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The bigges t disappointment was the beach was not for swimming. The beaches are 10- 15 minutes away which is ok, but not if you desired a beach vacation.
The resort was ok... pools were nice, though hot tub looked a little dirty. Security was present at the gate and roaming.
My unit was dated and didnt feel clean. I only used paper and plastic kitchen ware and bought my own towels and pillow at the local Walmart. The sliding door was off track so I never used the unscreened back porch or anything on it.
I thought just giving a " starter roll" of toilet paper and paper towels was very cheap and having to drive to Treasure Island for the gate pass was very inconvenient. The appliances were cheap but working.The cleaning fee had to be paid upfront but the instructions to pile linen ( not use much), sweep floors etc made you think you didnt just pay $90!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

These are privately owned condos and some are rentals and some are owner occupied. Obviously some will be in better shape than others. Unit 70A was in near perfect condition. It is a new rental so it had been freshly painted through out. The unit was clean and well equipped. The furniture all seemed brand new including the bed. There is free wireless internet, extended cable and the phone included FREE long distance to US and Canada.
It is very quiet and relaxing. I loved the private beach where you can watch the sunset every night. There are 2 pools and hot tub. There are also tennis and racquet ball courts. This unit is also equipped with 2 bicyles which we took advantage of. If you enjoy the bigger beaches there are several within a 10 minute drive. I loved artsy downtown St. Pete which is only 10 minutes away. It was the perfect get away from my Canadian winter.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

Unit 59D was clean but dated and much smaller than we anticipated. The redeeming features were that we were on the ground floor next to the pool and hot tub and had fantastic views of the sunsets.
We may or may not rent in Bermuda Bay again, and we warn everyone not to expect first-class accommodations. We would certainly try to get up to date photos of the place. The furniture was old and a mish-mash of styles. We were hoping for better atmosphere at a vacation home.
The biggest disappointment is that we had one of our children and his family with us and it was not the kind of place to make wonderful memories of a great vacation.
This was our first time at the condo and now we know what to expect in the area. Hopefully it will be much warmer when we visit Florida.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

Unfortunately there are people out there that rent to people and really don't give a hoot about what they are renting, just as long as they get their money. Unit 59B was proof positive. When we arrived (and I had to pay a cleaning fee up front) the place looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The place was very dated and smelled, and needed to be cleaned OUT and not just cleaned up. My husband and myself spent 3 1/2 hours just surface cleaning the kitchen because everything was covered in grease. The pots (that we could use) and all the dishes had to be all washed. And the things we could use didn't go back into the cupboards or drawers because they where so dirty and the bathroom well thats another story, I could go on about Unit #59B forever but whats the use. Live and learn. The Bermuda Bay Beach & Racquet Club is a beautiful place very well maintained and cared for ,we've already rented another Unit there for next year but this time we actually visited the condo and met with the person that rents it out. We will not be caught again renting on line by looking at pictures that are 5 years old and trusting people with outdated on line information (our first time who knew). My friend mentioned this web-site and I glad she did. Renters beware! I did take a lot of pictures of the inside of this place and did forward them to the Landlord and she agreed without hesitation that my cleaning fee would be refunded. I wonder how long that will take? And no apologies where given for making our month is this unit very unpleasent.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
mambocas, PR manager at Bermuda Bay Beach Club, responded to this review, November 24, 2009
Every condo is cleaned before a guest comes. If the cleaning is unsatisfactory, this must be reported immediately for a reclean in the presence of the guest. The cleaning company guarantees satisfaction. Guests should not report problems 8 days after arrival date. There are many repeat guests for this condo. They would not return if unsatisfied.
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

Don't let some of these reviews turn you off. I found Bermude Bay to be ideal for what I wanted.

Bermuda Bay Beach and Racquet Club was recommended to me by friends in Ottawa. I wanted a quiet place that was centrally located, well appointed, with a pool and hot tub. Close to restaurants, beaches, and shopping. I found it at this resort.

The resort was very nice, clean, well kept grounds, 2 pools, hot tub, lovely landscaping, and gated, so I felt secure. There is a beach which is great for watching the sunset, and fly fishing, but for swimming, it can't compare to the gulf beaches. However the sand beach was very clean for the kids who were playing in the sand.

I went onto Rentalo.Com and searched for St. Petersburg. These condos are rented by the owners and from sitting around the pool comparing stories, i learned that there are quite a few owners who rent, and the condos vary in cost, quality, amenities, and furnishings.

The condo I rented (58K) from a lovely lady named Deb was just as advertised: spotless, brand new furniture, recently painted, well appointed. (Better equipped than my place at home). When we arrived there was a bottle of wine, 2 glasses and a card welcoming us to the resort. It was a really nice touch.

When I was there I met 2 other couples who were also renting from owners, one was renting from Mr. Solomon and they were really upset when they saw the quality of the condo we were renting compared to the one that they rented. The other couple, from England was renting a one bedroom and it was nice, however it wasn't as nice as our 2 bedroom.

I really enjoyed my stay at Bermuda Bay, and have recommended this condo to some of my friends. However, not all condos are of the same standard.

• Liked — cleanliness, furnishings, location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Staten Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

We stay there but very dirty room and cokroches in the kitchen,
refrigirator very old and stink.

Stayed March 2007
Huntington, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

My husband, son and I just came back from Bermuda Bay Beach Club in St. Petersburg, FL (Unit 60J) and we absolutely loved our stay. During our relaxing moments at the hot tub and pool, we got to meet guests and permanent residents who were a joy to talk to. Bermuda Bay felt like home. The owners had their condo fully equipped to feel like home. They not only furnished the kitchen but they also had games to play and books to read on a rainy night when you just didn't want to get out. Everything was so convenient at this Condo. A Marina was down the road so we cooked fresh seafood every day. A walmart was very close and even a blockbuster which thrilled my son. I would highly recommend Bermuda Bay. I came across a website: frbo.com and found Jim & Dawn Thornton's condo and was very glad that I found them. They have two Condo's in Bermuda Bay that they rent and I would highly recommend renting from them. Both of their condo's are water view with a screened in porch which is so nice to keep the bugs a way. Next time you are in St. Petersburg, Florida, give Bermuda Bay a chance. You won't regret it.

• Liked — The security
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bermuda Bay Beach Club? Share your experiences!