“Nice hotel, great location!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Dali Museum Package
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Clearwater, FL
“Nice hotel, great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here to attend the St Pete Beef O'Brady's Bowl. Beautiful hotel and a great location near the bay and near other activities. Only a couple of miles from the Trop, and right around the corner and easy walking distance from an excellent craft beer bar (The Ale & The Witch). Staff was very friendly. Room was nice, but thought it was odd to have a mini kitchenette type of setup in the suite with a mini-refrigerator, sink and microwave, but no table in the room at which to eat & drink. Pretty lobby and breakfast area. Multiple coffee choices available in the lobby, Comfortable bed and plenty of pillows. Very clean. I don't like to have to valet my car ($14/day and NOT optional), but the valet was fast and friendly. Friendly housekeeping staff and pleased to report that we left a small item in the room and the housekeeper came down and gave it to us as we were checking out!

Breakfast setup was typical Hampton, I guess. The good: great waffle maker, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, oatmeal, juices, milk, coffee, bagels etc. The bad: Creativity gone wrong. No typical breakfast meat (sausage patties or links, ham or bacon)... instead there was some kind of kielbasa chunks or something. No plain scrambled eggs... some tuttie-fruitie looking fake omelettes with cheese goo in it. No "normal" breakfast potatoes... something with cheese and potato glued to a bagel half. Not enough seating, but that's understandable when it's an area that goes unused for most of the day. We took our breakfast up to our room since there was nowhere to sit (here's where a small table would have come in handy rather than trying to balance our breakfast on our laps while sitting on the sofa in the suite).

All in all, it's a really nice hotel in a very nice area. Except for the items I mentioned, it will impress you, and you may even like their weird breakfast items. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. There are rumours circulating the Hampton Brand is working on updating the breakfast options at all Hampton hotels. I hope you are an Hhonors member so the brand can keep you updated. Thanks again for the positive comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was my first stay at a Hampton Inn and I must say it was a very good stay. Being here on business means you have business and personal needs that must be met so that you can do your work comfortably. The valet service was very accomodating to my needs as were the staff. The dining area is not to be believed! You have the option of sitting at a table or at a couch or on a stool. Breakfast was great as you had many choices from fruit to oatmeal to eggs and some sort of breakfast meat to making your own very tasty waffle. And let's not forget the yogurt and pastries! And then there's the happy hour buffet! Amazing, and in a very comfortable atmosphere. The room itself was very conducive to being productive...or just relaxing. All in all, a very good 3 days. For my next vacation, Hampton Inn will be my hotel of choice. Here's to a long lasting relationship!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am very pleased that your first impression of Hampton Inn & Suites was so positive. I have worked for several hotel brands and the Hampton Brand has always been a strong & innovative brand that delivers on service and product. Of course, we like to think we are one of the "better" Hamptons in the country, but we will let you decide. Thank you.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am planning on getting married in downtown St. Petersburg next year and upon doing my research for hotels where my guests could stay at I stumbled upon the Hampton Inn & Suites. What a treasure! From the moment I made my first phone call I knew that this was the hotel that I wanted my guests to stay at. Chi Nguyen, the Sales Manager was awesome to work with. She took the time to answer my long list of questions than sent me a follow up email with everything that we talked about. I think we have talked on the phone at least 6 times and have exchanged numerous emails, she has called me back/ responded each and every time. I called 2 other hotels in the area and neither one returned my calls (still haven't).

My fiance and I decided out of the blue to visit St. Pete a few weekends ago so we made last minute reservations to stay at the hotel to try things out. The hotel is really modern and new looking on the first level- doesn't feel like your typical Hampton. Andrew, checked us in and was very friendly. He explained all the amenities and gave us pointers on where to go for drinks and dinner that night. We were booked into a standard king bed that overlooked the pool. Upon walking into the room the first thing we noticed was that it smelled really fresh and clean. The furniture and decor of the room needed some updating but nonetheless the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the comforter was very soft.

PROS:
Free wifi (this is very important for us)
Free breakfast
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!
Great Service

CONS:
The rooms need a little updating but other than that the hotel is great!

I read a few reviews on here about valet being pricey but I personally thought $14/ day is very reasonable for a downtown hotel. I stayed at a hotel in Washington DC that charged $50/ day!! I know my guests will have a great time and am so happy that I found this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I rarely have mentioned our sales manager, Chi, so I am glad you did. She is wonderful to work with and very responsive to our prospective and current guests. Our group room agreements are simple and straightforward with no attrition clauses. Thank you for choosing our property to host your wedding guests and we look forward to playing our part in your big day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel meets ones expectations for a Hampton in. Parking is by Valet only. The ticket says that wait time can be 30 minutes, but that is not my experience. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful, check-in has been quick and clear on both of my stays. The rooms are roomy and well appointed, the beds are comfortable. The heating/cooling system is efficient and not overly noisy. Not really a clean-modern feel to the rooms, but not dingy and old either. For a hotel with a great location, I have yet to have a room with a nice view. Shower is good with steady temperature and good pressure. Cleaning staff are good about replenishing the supplies. My only housekeeping issue was during my first stay, when there was the same long hair on the shower wall for the entire length of my stay. I left it up as an experiment (Yuck!).
There is a nice kitchen in the lobby that serves breakfast and hosts an after work reception with beer, wine and snacks. There is coffee in the lobby all day and night.
The greatest thing about this hotel is its location. It is right on Beach Drive and close to very nice restaurants and some shops - as well as the bay. Very pretty place to go for walks. This area does not seem to have the extensive street-people presence that most of the rest of Downtown St. Pete does, which is a nice break.
Overall, I intend to keep staying at this hotel, i like the value and love the location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the very detailed account of your stay. Some very good, some good, some OK and one "experiment" that is completely unacceptable from my view. However, your review sounds honest and sincere and we appreciate your loyalty. We will work on improving areas that you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you back.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a wedding, recently. The hotel is perfectly located in Downtown. Close to the Saturday Market and on Beach Drive with all the eateries. The rooms were very nice. We were automatically upgraded to a suite – without asking. The rooms were clean and nice. Bed was comfy. The thing with this hotel that stood out was the SERVICE. It was exceptional. Everyone must have been practicing their customer service skills the entire weekend. All the way from the valet guys to the check in desk to the cleaning people. I was very impressed by the way they treated all their guests. And not just one or 2 staff members, but the entire hotel staff.

A few tips when you go – you can only valet your car. There is no parking unless you park on the street. No biggie though – if you call the valet attendant, they will have your car ready for you at whatever time you tell them and have it waiting when you come down.

Breakfast – I will say, this is just a get something in your mouth/stomach breakfast. Good coffee. Nice and convenient but nothing more than that. Which is ok, because in DT St. Pete, there are so many places to sit on a sidewalk and have breakfast with a mimosa or bloodymary.

I would make this my first choice if I stay in the area again.

Room Tip: Ceviche's has a basement (yeah... a basement in "Florida" terms....) bar. Good music...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for the compliments regarding our staff. "Exceeding expectations", "being proactive" and "going above and beyond" are all overused phrases I hear from other companies regarding their customer service. Here, at our property, we do work very hard to make sure that every guest is given the attention and service levels they deserve. Again, I appreciate your recognition of our efforts.
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed there for a teacher's conference. Very clean, staff was both friendly and professional. Pool was nice..the breakfast rocked!! Manager happy hour with cold beverages and hot appetizers was well received. .......

Room Tip: Be sure to take the Loop bus for 50 cents right out by hotel -Stop 13 to the Pier for a walk,
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you mentioned The Looper Trolley. A narrated tour of downtown St Petersburg that makes the entire loop in 20 minutes. And it only costs 50 cents! We highly recommend this "trip" for any first time visitor to the area. Thanks again.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Service, breakfast, and location all outstanding. The beds are very comfortable. I love the multiple electric outlets on the nightstand. I was pleased I could buy a snack by the front desk in the middle of the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Another business edge: Both wired and wireless Internet access in all rooms free of charge. Thank you for pointing out our advantages to the business traveler. We appreciate your input.

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown? Share your experiences!