My fiance and I always take the time to read reviews before booking our BnB stays. After our brief encounter with La Veranda, we were surprised by the pleasant reviews of past guests. I will attempt to provide you with a balanced review, however suggest not staying at this Inn.
Positive Aspects: Location (walking distance to bars, restaurants, waterfront); Beautiful exterior
Negative Aspects: Fleas in bed (I noticed this at 2am - we then left and were requested by the host not to tell this to bedandbreakfast.com); Fingernail clippings on bedroom couch; Cat (he is nice at first, then scratched me across the face while I was petting him, while he was sitting on the dining table); Staff people are friendly however unprofessional and unclean; Rude Inn keeper; Needs renovation and cleaning
I have attached photos of our concerns. My recommendation is to drive in to the St. Petersburg area for the day (or stay at a local chain hotel). If you are looking for a nice location for a BnB, check out St. Pete Beach, or Dunedin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand old house surrounded by wide wraparound porches and lush tropical gardens. A stone's throw from all the amenities of downtown St. Petersburg.La Veranda welcomes travelers who seek old world charm in an urban environment. Private suites, spacious sitting and dining areas, and the wide verandas are as inviting as they are comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your La Veranda Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Veranda Bed And Breakfast
- La Veranda Hotel St. Petersburg