We chose La Veranda first for its location, which is downtown St. Petersburg very close to the harbor and the Baywalk, and within an easy walk of shops and restaurants in a lively part of the city. When one wants to venture further afield, the entrance to the interstate is a short, straightforward drive away. I was also attracted by the photograph of the place on the La Veranda website, which showed a charming building with wide verandas.
We were not disappointed with our selection of this B&B! The rooms were pleasant and clean, the breakfasts were good (and not over fussy), and Nancy and her staff were helpful and friendly. The porches were a delightful amenity - when we weren't out seeing the sights, we could often be found sitting on the veranda outside our room having a drink. Breakfast was served either on the veranda or inside and we enjoyed both venues.
Nancy and her staff are friendly without being intrusive, and I was impressed by the "no fuss" attitude to making arrangements. Making reservations was as easy as a phone call, no credit card required. Checking out involved a handwritten bill and one could pay with credit card or personal check. Nancy even printed out our boarding passes for us!
Those who enjoy staying in a place with some character, as opposed to a cookie-cutter hotel or motel, will like La Veranda, which was built in the 19th century. The B&B is pet-friendly and Nancy has several friendly cats. My friends and I are all cat-lovers and so we considered this an enhancement to the visit, but if you are allergic or (sorry for you) don't like animals, you might wish to choose another place. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend La Veranda, it was a great bargain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand old house surrounded by wide wraparound porches and lush tropical gardens. A stone's throw from all the amenities of downtown St. Petersburg.La Veranda welcomes travelers who seek old world charm in an urban environment. Private suites, spacious sitting and dining areas, and the wide verandas are as inviting as they are comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your La Veranda Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Veranda Hotel St. Petersburg
- La Veranda Bed And Breakfast