I usually don't write reviews, but I feel compelled to warn people about this place. While the location is great and within walking distance of downtown St Pete the owner is the most inhospitable person in hospitality I have ever encountered. You would have thought we were squatters on her land and an inconvenience to her the way she handled herself.
First there was the pet issue. It says on the website that they love animals and to bring your pets free of charge. In person she saw our 5 pound dog and immediately got huffy because some rooms apparently don't allow dogs. We were in one of the suites and quite frankly the carpet was trashed beyond belief that I'm not sure what our little potty trained travel dog could have done to it. Then she refused to clean our rooms because of it, fine, but she could have at least left fresh towels or a garbage so we could empty our trash.
The thing that angered us the most is that we were in town for a wedding and the entire place had been rented out. After the wedding a handful of people stayed up on the veranda and hung out. Yes they left the chairs scattered about and some things out and misplaced, but the place was all wedding guests so we wouldn't ruin anyone else's experience. The owner calls the grooms parents at 7:30am the morning after their sons wedding in tears over the state of her porch and they come running over to clean up. It took 10 minutes for three people to deal with. I understand taking up an issue with the people who rented the place but at least talk to them later in the day and in private. Then she almost refused to serve those who were awake breakfast because she was disgusted by the rudeness. Those who were awake had not been out the night before and there were 4 young children in the bunch. We were all horrified.
Part of the fun of a B and B are beautiful rooms and great service. While some of the rooms are well kept and pretty, it's not the experience you'd expect. You're better off and will most likely receive better treatment at a motel for less money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand old house surrounded by wide wraparound porches and lush tropical gardens. A stone's throw from all the amenities of downtown St. Petersburg.La Veranda welcomes travelers who seek old world charm in an urban environment. Private suites, spacious sitting and dining areas, and the wide verandas are as inviting as they are comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Veranda Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Veranda Hotel St. Petersburg
- La Veranda Bed And Breakfast