I don't know why this place was rated excellent by anyone. I know the place is old, but that doesn't have anything to do with cleanliness. The shower was filthy. I don't think it had been cleaned in months. Soap scum (I think, it was red in color) was all over the walls. Old soap residue in the shower buddy that was turning brown. I bought a mat so my feet wouldn't touch the bottom.
I stayed in Windsor. Dust was so bad, I almost left in the middle of the night. Dust on walls, around bed, on blue sheet above bed, and ceiling fans and old furnace. Walls with yellow spots. I felt like something was biting my arms and legs when I was sitting on the blue sofa. There was a cat that kept trying to follow us into the room. Stained carpet. I left early the next morning. Worst sleep ever. I couldnt take it. There was a porch but couldn't sit on it because it was so hot and the window ac was blowing even more hot air onto it. I have stayed in a lot of places. This was just unbelievable. First time in st. Pete and may never stay in this town again. We ended up in clearwater at holiday inn express. They were a savior because that let us check in early so we could sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand old house surrounded by wide wraparound porches and lush tropical gardens. A stone's throw from all the amenities of downtown St. Petersburg.La Veranda welcomes travelers who seek old world charm in an urban environment. Private suites, spacious sitting and dining areas, and the wide verandas are as inviting as they are comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Veranda Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Veranda Bed And Breakfast
- La Veranda Hotel St. Petersburg