“Big breakfast !” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Rockville, Maryland
“Big breakfast !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Oversized pancakes and waffles make this diner a big breakfast spot where you won't walk away hungry. One pancake is plenty and depending on your hunger level, perhaps too much! My husband's pancake was the size of a dinner plate and my waffle was only a bit smaller. They give you great add ins like glazed pecans and chocolate chips. The breakfast potatoes were delicious too.

The waffle was thick, fluffy and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, speckled with pecans. The only thing better was the service ... our coffee cups never reached below half full, as our waitress always kept the refills coming. Everything looked delicious and the staff was warm and welcoming.

Visited May 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food, and Food Now delivers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Consistently good food. Love the fried green tomatoes and meatloaf. Added bonus that Food Now brings it to me.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St; Petersburg, FL
“Great food, nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The transformation from Dave's to Trip's covers everything from the lovely appearance of the restaurant to the excellent food. However, I wish they had been able to save the mural on the outside back wall of the Everglades. Just a suggestion: the house salad is one of the best I have ever eaten!!! We go there frequently since it is only a few blocks from my home and the large selection provides everyone with their favorite meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ewing, New Jersey
“Yum, yum and yum.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Now this is what I love about TripAdvisor - when I travel, it helps me find unique and delightful places to eat that I might never have otherwise found. trip's is one of those wonderful finds.

Mu husband and I have several diners that we frequent up in NJ, so we were looking for a casual breakfast on our visit to St. Petersburg. Based on the reviews here, we headed to Trip's and had one of the best breakfasts either of us have ever enjoyed.

Although the restaurant was full, we waited only a few minutes before being seated, and the manager who seated us accommodated our request for a table instead of a booth. Our server came by quickly with our coffees and said she needed to type in a big order and would be right back - while she did this (in our view) the manager saw our menus still on the table and checked to make sure we were being taken care of, and we assured her we were fine.

The strata I ordered was huge and magnificent - the bottom layer was all egg, while the top layer had a delightful mixture of egg and bread seamlessly blended with sausage and tomato and spiced with basil and pesto. The obviously homemade hollandaise sauce was just delicately flavored with lemon - it was delicious! My husband had homemade corned beef hash with eggs that he thought was very good as well. I think we paid about the same for this homemade meal as we did for our Waffle House breakfast on the road....what an amazing value!! And in this case, the leftovers fed us for another day!!

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Trip's and look forward to returning the next time we are visiting St. Pete.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We drove the 15 minutes from St. Pete's beach after reading good reviews about Trip's. It was worth the drive. Bring your appetite if you plan to order any of their signature omelets! Although they were very busy, our wait was only 5-10 minutes. Trip's even provided a fresh bowl of water for a dog accompanying a group seated outside...pretty cool. Great food, nice clean dining area, we'd go back again and again if we lived nearby.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere