“Quick weekend get-away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Quick weekend get-away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was a last minute get-away, and being Memorial Day weekend, I didn't have much hope that I would find such a gem. The first "plus" was the location, a beautiful walk to the Dali Museum and many local watering holes and restaurants. The fact that there was a Flamenco Lounge in the basement was another selling point! (disappointed that it was closed the night we were there - that just means we have to return!) The hotel was clean & charming - the décor was welcoming and warm. The staff was helpful and friendly. I will be returning!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This place is located in the middle of downtown. It's walking distance from all the shops and restaurants, and also a short walk from the Dali museum. We didn't use the car the whole time we were there. It has the personality of a historic 1922 building, but was recently updated and the decor is very stylish without being gormless. The rooms are small (it's from 1922 after all) so if you just want to sit in the room all day, this isn't for you. But from now on, it's the only place I am staying.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Old fashion cozzy hotel, Great location for a great price. Old spanish looking remodeled IKEA style building. Very friendly staff. Ceviche restaurants is AMAZING! I would definitely come back and stay here longer.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very pleased with our stay! Cute place, downtown, a block from Jannus Live, bar and restaurant on site, well priced. Room was simple, bathroom could be bigger but hey...it was for one night. If you want to do day tourist things I would recommend at least 2 days. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
PonceDeLeonHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Ponce De Leon Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you kindly for taking the time to rate and thank you for your kind review.
You are most welcome back and I encourage you to use your customer rewards to get discounts
towards your next stay.
Till then
Guest Relations Manager.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were excited about staying in this hotel, until we were there for 15 minutes. The check-in process went nicely. The hallways had a quaint historic charm. The bedroom was cozy with its hardwood floors and corner windows. The bathroom is another story. It is now understood why they do not post pictures of the bathroom on their website! Not even 30 seconds (this number is not an exaggeration) into getting in the shower, it started backing up and not draining. I called the front desk to see what can be done. They explained maintenance would take some time to get there. I let her know we needed to shower quickly because we already had dinner plans. Her response infuriated me, "Next to the toilet is a plunger, you can use that to unclog the shower. It would take less time then maintenance coming." Trying to stay calm I asked if they had another room they could move us to. She tells me that there is no other rooms available like the one we booked (Translation: we may have more expensive rooms available, but we are not going to do the correct thing when it comes to customer service and offer it to you.) Needless to say we requested a refund and left within 10 minutes! We DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!!!! If we could, we would give them -5 stars!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I am truly sad for your experience.
Please do Contact me directly, I would like to get the chance to rectify the situation.
Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the hotel mid April. First room I got was smoky and the sheets did not fit the bed. The room that I moved to did not have a desk for the light next to my bed. Ended up using boxes I had to put a lamp next to me. The hotel has a potential, but it must gets the rooms in order.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review us.
I am sad that you had a disappointing experience.
I would like to extend a hand to re-invite you back and enjoy the Ponce de Leon Hotel.
Please call us directly.
Till then
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff kindly let me check in early due to no sleep the night before. The parking arrangements at the parking deck were excellent. The location is great for walking to local bars and restaurants. The area felt very safe.

Room Tip: Ask for the queen size bed.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank for taking the time to review us and thank you for your kind review.
The area is safe to my knowledge.
Most out of towners are here to enjoy the downtown attractions and night life.
We are in walking distance to many of these attractions and restaurants.

About Parking:
Parking FEE $3 - $10 per day

Option #1: Parking on Central Avenue, and any street SOUTH of Central is free after 6PM Mon-Friday. (Meters are not enforced, and Free on the weekends, Sat – Sun. (The hotel entrance faces Central Ave.)
Anything North of Central Avenue is not FREE! (Read your meter, before parking)

Option #2: Our property uses the public parking garage located across the street from the hotel. (South Core Parking Garage) The parking garage charges $3 - $5 overnight after 3PM. Your parking is valid until 9AM the next morning. If your car remains in the garage after 9AM you will be subjected to a charge of $1 per hr until you check out, or up to $6 per day.

Option #3: Parking passes from Hotel are $10 per day and allow unlimited access in and out of garage, until you check-out. $50 fee for lost parking pass! (Limited amount available)
Please ignore the 4AM deadline printed on your parking ticket.

DO NOT PARK IN RESERVED PARKING SPOTS! Parking is recommended on Levels 4 and 7!
VALET PARKING IS NOT AVAILABLE

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Ponce De Leon Hotel? Share your experiences!