“Definitely a European feel” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Phoenix, Arizona
“Definitely a European feel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Staff was nice, room was clean, and bonus for a small fridge in the room. The room was tiny, but worked OK. The TV was ancient, but worked. The bathroom was small, but fine. Sheets and towels were all clean. Great location. Hallways are too dark. It's tired-looking inside. I'm not sure "boutique" is the right word, I'd say more like "funky". But really, nothing bad.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

What's wrong with this place? The better question is what's NOT wrong with this place.

Upon Checkin, we had reserved the corner room for a higher rate but they tried to give us a standard room for the same price.

The room was filthy. The sheets weren't changed, the bed was horribly uncomfortable and the sheets were so thin you could see the mattress. There was no mattress pad.

The bathroom was so small you could literally fit one person in it. It was a converted closet! The sink couldn't fit in the bathroom. The shower had used soap where it wasn't cleaned. The shower head leaked so that the spray shot over the shower curtin soaking the "bathroom".

It was so loud as well. I don't think I slept more than an hour. There is a really popular restaraunt bar that is NOT part of the hotel, called Ceviche's that is located where the hotel is. They had people partying til 4:30 AM. And then the drunks started rolling in around 4-5 AM.

Walls are paper thin and you can hear everything.

Needless to say, if you stay here be prepared for the worst night of your life!

• Stayed October 2012
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here on a business trip in July. The hotel looked like it was undergoing some renovations. I picked it because I like the more boutique style hotels but this left me a little disappointed. The first clue was the very slow elevator to my room on the 4th floor and then emerging from the elevator to a dark corridor leading to my room. It felt seedy and I half expected someone to pop out of nowhere and offer me some drugs or even sex for sale.

Opening the door to the room left me more disappointed. I read a comment about IKEA furniture and that best sums it up. The room was fine for my requirements but would I return with my wife? Not likely. The bathroom was very small but I coped...somehow.

The best thing about the hotel was the location. Superbly located and very easy to get to everything in the city if you want to walk. I had an event at the Mahaffrey theater to attend and that took around 5 to 10 mins.

Parking could be an issue as I parked where recommended. The hotel will say it's $3 but beware of special events when that rate goes up.

Overall, this hotel could do better. It has an elegance and it could do much better if a) the staff were more attentive and b) the owners decided they really were in business to service guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
oakland, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I were here in June. The setting is cool, the building itself is neat with a bar and restaurant downstairs. Our room was furnished by IKEA with enough room for 2 on the 4th floor.

the cool thing was how close we were to the water to watch the 4th of July fireworks. Also, it was an easy walk to the very active downtown - food, drinks, lots of folks. Kind of a 20 year old pick up scene.

We caught the shuttle to see a ballgame which was easy, and walked back after the game. Kind of a long drive to a nice beach, but overall a nice spot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunnellon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When staying in St. Petersburg and wanting a room that is clean and inexpensive with access to all of the local events, this is a good hotel.
The front desk staff was pleasant. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable.
The elevator is slow.
One of my very favorite spots for Sunday morning is right in the same building - The Ceviche. It is super close to the Pier and about a 15 minute easy walk from the State Theatre and Local 66.
Halls are dark and dingy - Parking is across the street in a pay lot.
We were there to see a band play so it was PERFECT.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is like a nice dorm room rather than a quaint hotel. There are many other hotel properties nearby. I would choose them first.

I was in Tampa for a large convention and all of the other properties were sold out. I had read the Trip Advisor write ups prior to my arrival so I did know what I was in for.

I did request a high room as to avoid the street noise. I was on the top level (6th floor). I did not hear a lot of street noise but you can hear everything in the hallways. It reminded me of the college dorm living experience.

The elevator was broken during much of my stay so I did get a work out climbing and descending the 6 floors in the 90+ degree Florida summer heat.

My room had a very musty smell when I first arrived. It seemed to go away during my stay. The AC units are a bit noisy.

There was no dresser in my room but there was a small couch. I spread my clothes out on the couch for my stay. There was a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in my room. There are not any quick breakfast restaurants close by so if you do stay here I would recommend you bring some breakfast foods with you. There is a small restaurant in the hotel building for a sit down type breakfast. There are no fast food type places close by.

The bed was OK but not that comfortable. The towels are nice and fluffy. The staff was friendly.

The hotel still uses metal keys. I found it odd that they give you a key with the room number taped onto it. There is no key chain. Also, for security reasons it felt weird having a key. It was a bit of a retro throwback.

My stay was ok because as I noted I was in town for a large convention and all of the other properties were sold out. I was thankful to have a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We arrived to find the elevator was not functioning. We found the sign advertising the hotel as a boutique hotel quite amusing It is a very tired, rundown hotel, reminiscent of a two star hotel in Paris.
The location is excellent but parking is not available on site. There is an indoor city lot very close by.
Staff were pleasant but appeared under stress.

Room Tip: Corner room larger than interior rooms.