We recently stayed at this hotel over a weekend in June 2012. I normally do not write reviews as I work in a hotel, however, this stay was beyond disappointing and I do not want anyone else to experience the same issues we have!
Upon arrival we were greeted by a female desk clerk (did not catch her name as no name tag). She was pleasant and helped us get checked~in early. I asked if there was a way to ugprade our room (my husband reserved via hotels.com). She did indicate we were in the smallest room, but for an extra $15.00 per night we could updgrade to a queen deluxe room. I paid the $30.00+ on my credit card and we were given the keys to room 301.
We rode the elevator to the 3rd floor and were caught off guard by the darkness of the hallway as well as the temperature in the halls. We entered our room to discover the A/C was not on ~ problem #1. Then we checked out the shower area and discovered a used bar of soap in the shower & then a black hair on the sink. I figured this was just an initial "bump" in our stay and everything else would be fine.
We returned that evening and the A/C was working, but, not to its fullest ability ~ ok, understandable. HOWEVER, we were "blessed" to listen to the lovely drunk people fighting from Ceviches located directly below us.
We went out on Saturday and returned again that evening to the A/C still working partially (and the hot hallways). Once again we were "blessed" to listen to the drunk people at Ceviches and their fights. But, the topper on the cake was when I awoke around 4am to go to the restroom and stepped in a puddle of water next to our bed. I then discovered that the ceiling was leaking in 2 differenct spots, there was a water bubble under one of the windows, both windows were leaking & there was water on the floor by both windows & my hairdryer. This was NOT how I wanted to start my day off at all.
Needless to say, we were disappointed with:
1. The cleanliness of the room
2. The lack of warning that the room we "updgraded" to was above a bar and that we would be receiving "free entertainment" ~ had we known this, we would have kept our original room
3. The leaks in the room (which I have SEVERAL pictures of the multiple water issues)
Upon departure, we spoke with your gracious front desk cleark (african american gentleman ~ again, no name tag) and I expressed all of this to him. He wrote a portion of it down and stated that he would have the General Manager call us on Monday.
I called late Monday afternoon to find out the GM was off for the day and again the following day, Tuesday, there was still NO CALL from the GM.
As of today, which is 2 weeks later, we still have NO resolve of our issues and the hotel told my husband they would not REFUND any of our money since we had posted a negative comment on Facebook.
Needless to say, this is a hotel that we would not stay at again or recommend to our worst enemy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1922, The Ponce de León Hotel is a Spanish Mission Revival building of great historic interest. Located at 95 Central Avenue and Beach Drive, one might notice that this hotel is only one block away from Saint Petersburg’s beautiful and vibrant waterfront and in the heart of downtown. The Ponce de León Hotel is at doorstep to the most popular restaurants, museums and music venues in the city. Some of which include; the Salvador Dali Museum, Janus Live, the Mahaffey Theater, Tropicana Field, Vinoy Park, and much, much more!Boasting 74 modern rooms, and home of one of the city’s most popular and award winning restaurants, Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant. You can unwind with a drink or dine at the hotel bar & restaurant while you enjoy nightly live entertainment. They make their dishes with locally sourced ingredients for the freshest and finest taste. From the moment you walk into the hotel you will be impressed by the style, décor and air of calm professionalism. Ponce de León Hotel is perfectly located in the heart of St. Petersburg’s most popular recreational and business districts, offering convenience, effortless style, and affordability to leisure and corporate travelers. The Ponce de León Hotel combines impeccable service and comfortable accommodation with spectacular views of the waterfront and downtown St. Petersburg. Be delighted by incomparable value harmonized with everyday amenities, service, plus all the attention you expect from a boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Ponce De Leon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.