“Excellent Vegetarian Fare with a Middle Eastern touch...” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 705 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in June of 2011. Great vegetarian restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg.
Clearwater, FL
“Excellent Vegetarian Fare with a Middle Eastern touch...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Ne ar the heart of downtown St. Pete is this little place on 2nd Ave. that I had never seen before but felt compelled to try after some recent Middle Eastern restaurant excursions in the Northeast..... this is a very small place with booths (plenty of room) and tables (way too small). The food, as always, is really why you come to a place and Meze 119 does not disappoint.

The food is delicious, amazing even. Everything is done very well and the tastes are extraordinary. While slightly above the median on the cost side I will gladly pay it for the quality and diversity I received this day.

There is NO meat served anywhere in the restaurant although I ordered the MEETLoaf, which was a combination of soy, garbanzos, and other vegetable ingredients served with garlic mashed potatoes that had me never remembering what MEATloaf actually was..... If I could get food like this all the time I would never eat meat again.....seriously.

Great wine list and healthy beer menu as well. Only suggestion is to get some art of photos on the wall. It's a bit drab (if you can call white walls drab) and there IS one wall with a wonderful tree/leaf mural-its but a few well chosen photos or pics would give the decor just a bit more sprite!

Definitely go........

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida, United States
“No Hassle Relaxed Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great vegetarian menu capable of pleasing omnivores as well! Tasty, artisan vegetarian plates and sandwiches served quickly by pleasant, intelligent staff with a decent beer menu! Clean, relaxed downtown location walking distance to Central Ave and Beach Dr scenes very enjoyable and refreshing dining experience

Tampa, Florida
“Fine little vegetarian restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had a pleasant dining experience in this little restaurant. The food was very good, especially the roasted acorn squash, served at a proper temperature and plated attractively. Our service was good - no complaints. I can't speak to parking, as we were staying at a nearby hotel and walked to the restaurant. Otherwise, I recommend giving Meze 119 a try. We plan to return to try other items on the menu.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Terrific food - hit or miss service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

It's delicious. You'll love your food, that's for sure.
The service is very hit or miss. It's a tiny spot, but they get a little busy and service falls apart. Like... Wait 45 minutes for a hummus appetizer that looks like it was plated by a child. Slopped on and delivered 1 minute ahead of our entrees. Embarrassing.

Still - tasty. We'll come back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seminole, Florida
“Classy Vegetarian Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I have been here with my wife numerous times. Most recently we ate here on Valentines Day. They had a special V-day menu selection. Everything we had was delicious except for the beet hummus. However, the service was very slow. They had two waiters working and even though it was Valentines Day the restaurant is very small. You would think two people could handle the business but they couldn't. Maybe they only had one chef. The small space/close seating in this restaurant is usually what I love about this place. It reminds me of a restaurant I would see in NYC or D.C. Unfortunately, for Valentines Day the close seat proximity did not allow for a very romantic/intimate dining experience. We were practically rubbing elbows with other customers. Overall this remains one of our favorite health food places to eat. I will just blame this bad service experience on the holiday. We will definitely be back.

• Visited February 2014