“Great even for non-vegetarians” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 726 restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Opened in June of 2011. Great vegetarian restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg.
Tampa, Florida
“Great even for non-vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've been to Meze only twice, but I have left both times wishing this restaurant was closer to my home (Tampa). My latest visit started with a trio of hummus (garlic, lemon/dill, olive) and not nearly enough pita bread for 4 (we ordered 2 more sides of pita). They were all wonderful, but the lemon/dill (the special that evening) was the standout!

My friends recommended the Moroccan BBQ Chikk'n which I ordered to-go and got the Cyprus BLT instead. Both were excellent and didn't taste like health food. The BLT had a great flavor, wasn't dry and after having mounds of hummus, too filling to finish. So I took half the sandwich and "chicken" home. Had the "chicken" tonight, and...wow, even reheated was great!

The price is about right, parking is close, vibe is hipster, chairs aren't plush, place is small. Worth a visit even if you aren't a veg.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“excellent vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We loved the 'real' vegetarian food but disliked the imitation meat in the 'burger' meal. Excellent homemade lemonade.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Try this place even if you're not vegetarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Delicious, fresh food. Best place we ate in St. Petersburg. Good for vegans or non-vegans. Friendly staff. Can eat outside. Cosy interior. Highly recommended. Sorry we don't live anywhere nearby!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Now one of my meat loving man's favorite spots!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had been eyeing this restaurant in downtown St. Pete for some time now. I have had a difficult time convincing my significant other to go. We both eat A LOT of meat; one of us also eats healthy. After a nice walk along the vinoy park trail I was able to get him to join me for dinner.
We had no idea what to expect. We were greeted by a very friendly waitress and an aesthetically pleasing environment (very modern and clean). We ordered 2 drinks (1 red wine and 1 beer) from a nice selection and began to scour the menu.

Oh the menu! So many choices. Although there is no meat they use meat alternatives in their place and you can order your traditional meat filled meals. We ordered a BLT (the B was made with Tempeh), roasted cauliflower, spinach cakes, and falafel. EVERYTHING was delicious. The tomato was crusted in panko and delicious. The spinach cakes were served with an amazing tzatziki sauce, I almost ordered a second plate!

There was nothing we didn’t love about this restaurant. We have so many more items to try! On our walk home my other says to me, “let’s put this is the rotation, that was great!”. A true measure of success!

We were told there is a Sunday brunch menu, so we may be stopping there this weekend. Highest of recommendations, even if you are a meat lover!

Address: 119 2nd St N, St Petersburg, FL 33701

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Living close to downtown, we are always hunting for new eateries. This vegan restaurants was a pleasant surprise. They had the best falafel I ever had since being in Israel. I ordered the stuffed pepper which had a beautiful roasted red pepper full of wheatberries,charred greens and exotic mushrooms. Fantastic. The other members of the party were equally pleased. We will definitely go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere