“excellent vegetarian food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 744 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Opened in June of 2011. Great vegetarian restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“excellent vegetarian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We loved the 'real' vegetarian food but disliked the imitation meat in the 'burger' meal. Excellent homemade lemonade.

Visited January 2013

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Try this place even if you're not vegetarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Delicious, fresh food. Best place we ate in St. Petersburg. Good for vegans or non-vegans. Friendly staff. Can eat outside. Cosy interior. Highly recommended. Sorry we don't live anywhere nearby!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Now one of my meat loving man's favorite spots!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had been eyeing this restaurant in downtown St. Pete for some time now. I have had a difficult time convincing my significant other to go. We both eat A LOT of meat; one of us also eats healthy. After a nice walk along the vinoy park trail I was able to get him to join me for dinner.
We had no idea what to expect. We were greeted by a very friendly waitress and an aesthetically pleasing environment (very modern and clean). We ordered 2 drinks (1 red wine and 1 beer) from a nice selection and began to scour the menu.

Oh the menu! So many choices. Although there is no meat they use meat alternatives in their place and you can order your traditional meat filled meals. We ordered a BLT (the B was made with Tempeh), roasted cauliflower, spinach cakes, and falafel. EVERYTHING was delicious. The tomato was crusted in panko and delicious. The spinach cakes were served with an amazing tzatziki sauce, I almost ordered a second plate!

There was nothing we didn’t love about this restaurant. We have so many more items to try! On our walk home my other says to me, “let’s put this is the rotation, that was great!”. A true measure of success!

We were told there is a Sunday brunch menu, so we may be stopping there this weekend. Highest of recommendations, even if you are a meat lover!

Address: 119 2nd St N, St Petersburg, FL 33701

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Living close to downtown, we are always hunting for new eateries. This vegan restaurants was a pleasant surprise. They had the best falafel I ever had since being in Israel. I ordered the stuffed pepper which had a beautiful roasted red pepper full of wheatberries,charred greens and exotic mushrooms. Fantastic. The other members of the party were equally pleased. We will definitely go back again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Medina, Ohio
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Meze 119 is an all-vegetarian bistro. Some of their meals include faux chicken and beef, but they were very, very tasty. The menu is heavily Middle Eastern inspired, and the recipes are true to their roots; they are not really "dumbed down" for the American palette. Aside from a few subtle differences, the food was authentic, honest, and full of flavor. The service was warm and friendly. It is not expensive and is an overall great value. This place sits in a cool, clean neighborhood of bars and shops. Next time I'm in the area, I'm definitely eating here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere