“Not worth the visit” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tampa, Florida
“Not worth the visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to Bella Cucina with 8 friends looking for some dinner to round out our day in St. Pete. We all ordered and it took the better part of an hour to receive our dinner meals. When we inquired about the delay, a person who appeared to be a manager, although he didn't identify himself as one (he could have been an owner) came over with dismissive attitude and told us the food was being loaded up from the kitchen and would be out right away. The food arrived. I had the Bolognese. When it was delivered it was very clear from its appearance that it had been sitting in the kitchen for some time. It was no longer hot and the juices of the sauce had been absorbed by the pasta. I did try it and it did not taste good at all. Two of my friends tried it and agreed. Our waiter never inquired as to how we as a group liked our meals, so I didn't have an opportunity to suggest that it was not what I would have expected at a restaurant such as this. When it came time to have out plates cleared, our waiter asked if I wanted to take mine home. It was at this moment that she should have realized that it was a failure for me as I had taken just a few bits. I told her that it was not good and it was clear that it had been sitting in the kitchen for some time before it was brought out. She told he, "No, that was not the case." This told me that she either didn't care or this was how the Bolognese actually is supposed to be. In general the service was poor and I will not be going back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Lovely Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I wanted to treat my daughter to a nice place to have lunch downtown. I told her about Moscatos new location so we stopped. I loved the Tuscan décor, very spacious with high ceilings, exposed brick and bright cheery tablecloth's. I ordered the special of the day Mai-Mai wrap with smoked gouda and spinach, it came with a small salad and side of balsamic dressing it was DELICIOUS. She had a Panini piled high with prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, tomato on focaccia bread. We each had a glass of wine, I had Montepulciano and she had a good Rose.' Service was good. I would like to go back on a Friday or Saturday night. There is a really cool looking lounge downstairs with cozy couches and chairs looks like a fun place to listen to music and sip some wine. Looking forward to another visit. Our lunch bill was $35. plus tip.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“fun times, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had an enjoyable, energetic server (Ashley). She explained the dishes and offered interesting suggestions. All members of our party of 6 had very good meals at a very fair price. Love down town St. Pete dining!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Louis, Missouri
“St Pete getting better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Once again here I am again being critical. Born and raised in St Louis where we have 1000s of excellant resturant's. I visited Moscatos in St Pete. Excellant food rating high on my list. We still have only a handful of excellant St Pete resturants. I hope before I die I can count at least 5. At present I am up to 3. Horray definately getting better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“Definitely WOW..must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I live in Tampa now and I have been hearing so much about this place. A friend invited me to go there this past Friday and I am so happy that I made the trip over the bridge. We ate dinner in this beautifully decorated restaurant and enjoyed some of the best Italian food I have had in a long while! They make their own pasta and bread and it was delicious. Great olive oil blend and the pasta limone was delicate, well cooked and so yummy, They had music going on downstairs so we went down after dinner and we were so impressed with the decor, the music and the vibe. We plan on going back in a few weeks for a friends birthday. This is definitely a very special place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere