“Great value for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #74 of 744 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Gulfport, Florida
“Great value for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We have been to Harold Seltzer's a couple of times. This week's deal was a sirloin steak, choice of salad, and a side for $10.99. We went on Wednesday which happened to be half off glasses or bottles of wine. We ordered the steaks, baked potato, and caesar salads.I ordered a glass of riesling and my husband had a draft beer. Our waiter, Orin brought our salads out promptly along with a bowl of croutons to share for our salads, rather than sprinkling a couple on top. My husband was very happy as he loves croutons! The dressing was just enough and had a nice flavor. Orin kept a watchful eye on all of his tables as he circled through the dining area, When we were done with our salads, our plates were promptly removed. When I finished my wine, I was asked if I would like another. The steaks were tender and delicious, (mine might have been just a touch more on the rare side for me although it was still medium rare). The baked potatoes with their salt encrusted skins were very tasty, not bitter, and just the right size, not those huge ones that no one can finish. It was a very enjoyable meal and I can't say enough about Orin's service.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Seltzer's Continues To Draw Crowds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

No matter what the day, this restaurant draws a steady stream of customers. They have good specials and the food is average. Their 'wild rose' onion is a great start to a meal. The place is showing its age and is need of some improvements.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Good restaurant and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

We were very satisfied but did not get steaks or their prime rib. It is a very large place with a diverse menu. I had crab-stuffed tilapia and it was great. Try the sweet potato tots!
Next door to Carrabas and a BBQ place.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pinellas Park
“Great value for excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Harold's takes the place of Sam Seltzer's only by the original owner. Sam's went out of business very suddenly, obviously due to mis-management. Harold's took up the gauntlet and re-established a family tradition of great food and great value! Coupled with excellent service, an outstanding restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Enjoyable evening and very nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Harold Seltzer's offers a "club" you can sign up for to receive special offers and notices, and last week I received an email inviting me to have a complimentary bottle of wine and dessert during my birthday month. So, last night my husband and I went, celebrating my birthday a week early.
The dining room was 1/3 full upon arrival and we were seated in a booth that would have accommodated six. Within the hour, the room was filled. The dining room is tastefully appointed with tables and booths spaciously arranged to allow for quiet dining.
I showed the waiter the email offer and he said I could have the wine OR dessert but when he read it again, he graciously conceded it said wine AND dessert. I really was pleasantly surprised when a full bottle of house wine was brought over, served nicely in a chilled bucket and of good flavor.
We told the waiter we wanted to enjoy the wine before ordering and he didn't bother us again until we flagged him down, which I liked. My husband ordered the scallops, which were served in a side carafe with buttery sauce--very flavorful, and very good garlic mashed potatoes.
I chose the 9 oz prime rib, on special for $9.95 and was very pleased with the portion and taste. A crisp and chilled salad accompanied this along with hand cut croutons - very good. The garlic mashed potatoes were of good portion and flavorful.
The chilled napoleon disappeared within a minute - it was so good and a nice end to a pleasant and affordable meal.
Like other reviewers, I did note the waiters seemed a bit harried and weren't the most friendly or engaging but still did a decent job. I will say that I've done take-out here before and their take-out person is excellent and packages everything up beautifully.
I applaud Harold Seltzer because I think what he has done is far superior to what Sam Seltzer's was. It is obvious he is trying hard to build a good clientele through good food and a nice experience and I recommend you try it for yourself. And...join the "club" for the specials!

• Visited November 2011