“Flashy” 3 of 5 stars
Review of St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater

You added St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater to your Saves list
St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL 33716 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Flashy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The hotel impresses with it's size and spacious decor. There's a nice restaurant that has a bar and a pricey menu. We ate here and ordered a simple wrap and salad, which were both very good. Bill was a bit steep, but we expected that because it was a hotel restaurant. The room seemed clean, but not sparkling. The a/c was not as cold as I would have liked, and the beds were very, very firm with small pillows. On the whole, I would say it is one of those hotels that focuses on it's appearance more than its substance.

Stayed July 2014
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking a quick moment to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit! Please know that we will look into the suggestions you mention. We hope that you have an opportunity to come back and visit us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed overnight on a business trip. I didn't get to really explore the facility because I got in around 1030pm and left the following morning. Front desk staff was professional and friendly. Luckily room service is available to 11pm and my order was delivered quickly. The hotel was very quiet too, so I got a good, if not too short, sleep. The concierge lounge provided a quick snack in the morning before heading out. Only complaints: the wireless internet signal strength was minimal to non-existent in my room (5th floor out of 7) and the local streets were busy with no sidewalks, so jogging outside was not feasible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for mentioning your challenge with the internet; please know that I will have my Engineering staff look into immediately. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon!
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was attentive from the moment we stepped into the building. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Best of all, I slept in the most comfortable bed I've ever been in. I do not sleep well in general so I was surprised to fall asleep at night and wake up 8 hours later feeling rested. That never happens in a hotel. We got the room through Priceline and it was super cheap. We lived like princes and paid like paupers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and your recent stay! I am glad that your experience was a postive one, and that you enjoyed a peaceful night of rest in our comfortable beds! We hope you are able to return soon!
Sarasota, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Check-in via their mobile app was a breeze. I have Gold status, so I was placed in a single King room on the 8th floor, with access to the 9th floor concierge room. No suite, however, the price of the room was super cheap, so no complaints. The room was a bit dated, the bed was noisy and not very comfortable, although the sheets were nice. Did not care for the tub bath- The shower head was about to fall off and I generally prefer a walk-in shower. One nice feature was a door to the hallway which separated 2 rooms from the hallway- You hear no hallway noise at all. Not so good was the fact the locks of these hall doors do not work and you have to walk down to the lobby for the staff to tell you to push the handle up instead of down- Just remove the locks as they're not necessary.. The TV was nice, the remote was terrible- Get new ones please. The concierge room was good- Hot breakfast for free. Snacks in daytime and desserts at night. What I didn't care for was the "honor bar"- Stocked with top-shelf booze yes, but they charge full bar prices for these and, not surprising, nobody was drinking. Why not offer tap beer and cheap wine for free? Even Staybridge and Courtyard do that... Or at least charge much less so that you're not making money off me- Staff during entire stay was super nice. All and all, nice stay, just some minor tweaks would make this great from good.

Room Tip: Try for 9th floor room of an Elite member- That's where the concierge room is.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I appreciate you taking time to share your comments about your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Your feedback was very thorough and certainly will assist us in always trying to improve the overall experience that we provide to our guests. Please know that we are looking into your comments and suggestions about the shower head, door locks, tv remotes, and the honor bar in our Concierge Lounge. I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, and hope you are able to return soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I typically stay at Marriott's when traveling because they are beautiful hotels and have great customer service. This particular Marriott is more of a business based hotel but always provides a great stay and is another on the list I will continue to visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I appreciate you taking a quick moment to share your comments about your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I'm pleased that your experience was a great one, and hope we have an opportunity to host you again in the future!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for more than a week and were very impressed with the service level of the staff. Property was clean and had a relaxed atmosphere. Also, this is almost between St Pete downtown and Tampa downtown, most of the times we went to Tampa downtown for dinner or shopping. Overall, a good return for money if you have business in Carillon park and want to stay somewhere in this area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback about your stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I especially appreciate your recognition of the service of our staff, and will be sure to pass it along to our team! We hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the future!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a great Marriott 15 minutes from downtown.It is convenient to the St. Pete/Clearwater airport. Location is close to some restaurants and the freeway.
Good, clean and quiet rooms are the norm here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a quick minute to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I'm glad that you found our location convenient for your needs, and hope you return soon!

Been to St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater? Share your experiences!