“Everything updated about this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater

Save Saved
You added St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater to your Saves list
St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL 33716 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 47 hotels in St. Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
La Habra, California
“Everything updated about this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This Marriott is completely remodeled from the lobby to the rooms. The rooms were very nice - felt like a high quality Marriott.

My stay was only 1 night, so I did not experience everything - but room quality was top notch. This is important to me for a business traveler.

No parking fees.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I appreciate you taking a moment to comment on your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you back soon. Thank you for the positive feedback on our guest rooms and facility!

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Staff does what it takes to make you feel comfortable. Rooms where clean, room service was tasty and reasonable. Will be bk. no hair on floor (pet peeve). I'm a member of the Elite program however everybody was treated as an elite!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at our Hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I appreciate you recognizing the service of our staff, as well as the other great aspects of your visit! We hope we have the opportunity to have you back again as our guest soon!
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We spent the weekend here and were delighted with everything. The hotel was clean and modern. The free parking was more than ample. The rooms were huge, clean, and the beds were so nice it was difficult to get up in the morning. The staff was friendly, helpful, courteous, and willing to please. The food was top-notch, too.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay.

We'll be back and we'll be sure to tell our friends, too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to pass along your feedback about your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I'm pleased that your stay went well! Thank you for the nice comments regarding our hotel, staff, and food. We hope you see you again on your next trip to St. Petersburg!
wexford ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. Excellent location in old town. Friendly and efficient staff. Great turn down service. Great breakfast choice..Courteous staff. Weather forecasts every evening in room and news sheet each morning at breakfast.

Also highly recommend beer house opposite for beer and food.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking a quick moment to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Willoughby, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Thank you, St. Petersburg Marriott, for a great stay last week. My wife, four year old son and I enjoyed the proximity to the Tampa airport and the easy drive to Clearwater Beach. The hotel is easy to find, and the front desk did a fantastic job in getting us directions to the beach which was about 20 minutes away.
As for the hotel itself, the front desk employees were friendly, polite, and helpful. We checked in quickly to our King Suite, as I received a complimentary upgrade as a Marriott Platinum member. The room was clean and neatly appointed, and the suite area consisted of a half bathroom, sitting area with a television and couch, along with appliances and a sink. Adding the complimentary roll-away allowed the three of us to stay in a King room.
The front desk employees were pro-active and helpful in every way. We requested a late check-out as we were heading to the beach for the morning, and that was granted without any problems. Our arrival gift was sent to our room when we weren't there, and the ice cream had melted when we did arrive. A phone call to the front desk took care of that, and another round of ice cream was immediately sent up to the room.
My only issue with this hotel is that it is a Tier 5 Marriott hotel that does not have breakfast all week for Marriott Rewards members. The Concierge Lounge closes on the weekends, and there are no options for free breakfast for those that would typically expect this service. I know most Marriott's are in the process of getting this situation resolved, and I can expect this to be the case for the St. Pete Marriott as well.
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us. I appreciate your recognition of our staff, especially our Front Desk team; please know that I will share your feedback with them. We hope to see you again soon!
Tequesta, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Located in corporate area so if you don't need to be there for that reason, this is just a poor location.

We had a terrible welcome by the front desk clerk, wish I could recall her name......I think she was even a supervisor or manager, can't recall...she was extremely rude to my husband regarding a discounted rate we had booked for which we were eligible but happened to have the wrong paperwork in hand. We were able to get what she needed but she could have handled it much differently.....I do believe it is the "hospitality" business, right??

The rooms were up to par but there was certainly not many options as far as dining goes. I was kicking myself for not booking something over near the beach, it would have been so much nicer.

Mostly due to location, i would not stay here again unless I had to.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I appreciate your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I am sorry that you found our location to be inconvenient for you; we tend to think that our central location to all of the Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Beach areas is an advantage for our guests. I do apologize that our staff did not take a moment to share any of the activities and things to do that are near our hotel. I was also disappointed to hear of your check in situation - please know that I have addressed this with our team in order to better handle similar situations in the future. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the typically superior hospitality that we are known for!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Well worth staying. Kind and thorough staff that was very attentive to details and quite personable! Great food, very private and once rage club was fabulous. Well be back! I remember having a driver named JB last year that was beyond amazing but he wasn't here any longer! This hotel lost out when they lost him!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback about your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I appreciate your nice comments regarding our staff and Hotel! Please know that we miss JB as well, but were thrilled about his opportunity to travel and see Europe! We hope that we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future.

Been to St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater? Share your experiences!