“family stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater

Save Saved
You added St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater to your Saves list
St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL 33716 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Marlton, New Jersey
“family stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was nice. My room was quite nice, but the handicapped accessible room my parents were in wasn't nearly as nice. It lacked closet space- even for a few days stay.
The pool looked nice, but it was too cold to try it.
The internet connection in the business area wasn't the best.
The restaurant was adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent Family Visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater; I hope that all of you were able to enjoy all of your time together! Thank you for your feedback regarding our accessible rooms and the internet connection in our Business Center; please be assured that I will have our staff look into it. I hope you and your family are able to come back and visit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Little Rock, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Held state conf over two days. Staff was extremely professional and anticipated every need before requested. Food from room service was delicious and fresh. Food for conference was affordable, delicious and displayed well. Swank A/V, the in-house A/V provider went above and beyond our association's needs - and affordable as well. Staff from hotel mgmt to banquet and conf staff were friendly, accessible and professional - through the whole process. Quick change needed? Not a problem. Great place for the business traveler!

Room Tip: Choose the backside of the hotel, so you are not on the main street side (noise). Plus, the backsid...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback in regards to your recent State Conference held with us at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I appreciate your nice comments about your experience, and especially the recognition of the service provided by our staff. We hope to have the opportunity to host another of your meetings in the near future!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We celebrated our church's 25th Anniversary with a grand Gala, held in the flamboyant ballroom of the hotel. A number of us stayed overnight after a wonderful evening of dining, dancing and celebrating.
The location was convenient, just 9 miles from the church. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was first class. Our rooms for overnight stay were spotlessly clean, spacious, beds were comfy, bathrooms roomy. Our meals in the restaurant were excellent and not expensive - service was a little slow but that was probably because there was a number of us at table. We intend to hold our Gala 2014 there again next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I appreciate you taking a moment to share your positive feedback regarding your recent visit and Event at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! Thank you for your complimentary comments about your experience with us. I was pleased to hear that your Church's 25th Anniversary Gala Celebration was a success. It was our pleasure to be your host, and we look forward to your 26th Anniversary!
Chicago Suburbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here while visiting friends in Tampa. Checked in with Jason and he was very friendly. We simple just slept here and did not use any of the amenities. Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Over all great stay. Little far from Clearwater if you expect to have the beach right there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I appreciate your recognition of our Front Desk staff, as well as the comfort of our beds! We hope to see you next time when you are in town again visiting your friends!
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was a convienient stop for us on our last road trip. Plenty of free parking and overall a nicely kept hotel inside and out. I admit I booked this room on Priceline, but I still I expect to be treated as a normal guest. Not a second rate free-loader.

The day of booking my room, I called the hotel locally and spoke with someone and asked to be put in a King room (I always do this as Priceline only guarentees two double beds). I was told that they had reserved a King room. Great.

We arrived late on a Friday night and upon check-in I checked with the front-desk person about our bed. They said, no, I was in a room with two double beds, and went to explain that the King rooms were reserved for any other guests besides Priceline trash (paraphrasing)... When I pressed my point that I was told on the phone that I would have a King sized room, the front-desk woman told me the hotel was very full (she said 92%), and she just couldn't do anything. She said I could "find another hotel..." Really? I was just holding the hotel to what they had told me. I know I booked my room on Priceline this time, but I didn't know I'd be treated as a second rate guest. Check-out was also cold and lacked friendliness/character from the same staff person. Almost like she had a chip on her shoulder against me.

The room and bathroom were nice and clean. The rooms are pretty big and beds were comfortable enough. I'm not saying this hotel was terrible, the service just kind of ruined this one for me. Maybe this would be a good place to stop if you pay full price, but I would stay away from the property if you are booking through a discount company as they seem to discount their service as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I truly appreciate your comments, and would like to apologize for the service you experienced during your visit. I was disappointed to hear of the lack of friendliness and assistance from our Front Desk staff; please know that I will address this with our team, as this is certainly not indicative of the hospitality we are known for providing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay, and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
georgia girl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and was very pleased. Rooms were spacious, clean and bed was comfortable. If you need a great hotel as you pass through or have biz for a few days in the area...this is a good one! Love the entry way into my room...felt less like A hotel And more of an apartment.

• Stayed February 2013
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us, and was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the positive comment regarding our entry doors; we certainly think that they add a unique and decorative touch to our Guest rooms! We look forward to your next visit!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed three nights and found this to be a comfortable hotel. My meetings were a 15 minute walk away, and I preferred to hoof it rather than taking the hotel shuttle. (I also walked to a Publix grocery store for snacks and a Red Box movie rental). The staff was friendly and accommodating. Other posters have complained about the door you must pass through to get to your room. This was different for sure, but a nice touch which kept the room quiet. However, the walls may be a bit thin as I was awakened at 2:30am while my neighbor watched television. The room was plenty big and the bed was comfortable. The room had a fridge and safe. Do not expect a view room as there is nothing worth looking at. The bathroom is a bit small, but fine for one person. The shower was great and had two shower heads. The restaurant had a simple and good buffet. The restaurant waiters were nice. The hotel offered a daily newspaper in the lobby. I was hoping to ride the bus into downtown one evening (there is a stop nearby), but the weather did not cooperate. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments and for recommending our Hotel! I am happy that your stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater was a pleasant one! I appreciate you recognizing the service of our staff, as well as all the other great aspects of your visit. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to St. Petersburg!

Been to St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater? Share your experiences!