This hotel was a convienient stop for us on our last road trip. Plenty of free parking and overall a nicely kept hotel inside and out. I admit I booked this room on Priceline, but I still I expect to be treated as a normal guest. Not a second rate free-loader.
The day of booking my room, I called the hotel locally and spoke with someone and asked to be put in a King room (I always do this as Priceline only guarentees two double beds). I was told that they had reserved a King room. Great.
We arrived late on a Friday night and upon check-in I checked with the front-desk person about our bed. They said, no, I was in a room with two double beds, and went to explain that the King rooms were reserved for any other guests besides Priceline trash (paraphrasing)... When I pressed my point that I was told on the phone that I would have a King sized room, the front-desk woman told me the hotel was very full (she said 92%), and she just couldn't do anything. She said I could "find another hotel..." Really? I was just holding the hotel to what they had told me. I know I booked my room on Priceline this time, but I didn't know I'd be treated as a second rate guest. Check-out was also cold and lacked friendliness/character from the same staff person. Almost like she had a chip on her shoulder against me.
The room and bathroom were nice and clean. The rooms are pretty big and beds were comfortable enough. I'm not saying this hotel was terrible, the service just kind of ruined this one for me. Maybe this would be a good place to stop if you pay full price, but I would stay away from the property if you are booking through a discount company as they seem to discount their service as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated nine-story St. Petersburg hotel offers travelers a new multi-compatible, ultra flexible guest room, featuring ergonomically designed desks with high-speed Internet access and 37-inch high definition flat screen TVs. Our St Petersburg hotel amenities include a 1,600 sq ft fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment, complimentary wi-fi throughout public areas, courtesy shuttle to/from both airports and within a five mile radius, and complimentary parking for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater Hotel St. Petersburg
- Marriott St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Marriott Hotel
- Radisson Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Radisson