“Clean-comfy-great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater

Save Saved
You added St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater to your Saves list
St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL 33716 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
georgia girl
“Clean-comfy-great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and was very pleased. Rooms were spacious, clean and bed was comfortable. If you need a great hotel as you pass through or have biz for a few days in the area...this is a good one! Love the entry way into my room...felt less like A hotel And more of an apartment.

• Stayed February 2013
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us, and was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the positive comment regarding our entry doors; we certainly think that they add a unique and decorative touch to our Guest rooms! We look forward to your next visit!

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed three nights and found this to be a comfortable hotel. My meetings were a 15 minute walk away, and I preferred to hoof it rather than taking the hotel shuttle. (I also walked to a Publix grocery store for snacks and a Red Box movie rental). The staff was friendly and accommodating. Other posters have complained about the door you must pass through to get to your room. This was different for sure, but a nice touch which kept the room quiet. However, the walls may be a bit thin as I was awakened at 2:30am while my neighbor watched television. The room was plenty big and the bed was comfortable. The room had a fridge and safe. Do not expect a view room as there is nothing worth looking at. The bathroom is a bit small, but fine for one person. The shower was great and had two shower heads. The restaurant had a simple and good buffet. The restaurant waiters were nice. The hotel offered a daily newspaper in the lobby. I was hoping to ride the bus into downtown one evening (there is a stop nearby), but the weather did not cooperate. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive comments and for recommending our Hotel! I am happy that your stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater was a pleasant one! I appreciate you recognizing the service of our staff, as well as all the other great aspects of your visit. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to St. Petersburg!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The rooms were comfortable. The interior was extremely nice. Staff were helpful. The pool was mostly in the shade, which was slightly disappointing. Food was excellent. This property is added to my favorites!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your great feedback regarding your recent visit to our Hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to your next return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night stay here! It's not really close to anything, but we didn't mind the 10 minute drive to get to downtown Saint Pete. We enjoyed the bar that was in the restaurant, and even though we didn't use it, the gym looked really nice and they had a lot of equipment. I did notice that the restaurant bar had Starbucks coffee so that is nice of you are a fellow Starbucks junkie like me.
My only small complaint. The a/c in our room was soooooo LOUD! Not sure if all of the rooms are like this or if it was just ours. When it was running, it was loud, when it shut off it made a loud bang, and also made a loud bang when it turned back on. It woke me up a few times. If we were staying there for a few days on business, I would have definitely requested a new room. But since we were only there for the one night we just dealt with it.
But all in all this is a really nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I appreciate your feedback, and am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us! Please know that I will have our Engineering staff look into the A/C issue, as the noise that you mentioned is certainly not typical of our guest rooms. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Thank you for the kind remarks regarding the other aspects of your stay - we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I read many mixed reviews on this location but decided to give it a try. This was an abbreviated one night stay for us after several days at St Pete Beach. I wanted a familiar brand hotel closer to the airport for a laid back evening and good nights rest. We got both. As stated in other reviews there isnt anything in walking distance but that wasnt a concern of ours. We planned on checking in, relaxing and eating onsite (Food was great!) and resting before our flight the next morning. Upon checkin the service was fantastic. Very curteous desk. he rooms were clean and inviting and quiete. If your looking for a nice place to get some rest thats near the airport dont look any further. On more note, Previous reviews have taken issue with the dual entry doors but I thought it was an interesting touch. Even if i was indifferent I wouldnt have taken issue with it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Thank you for the kind feedback; I am pleased that you enjoyed our Hotel and the service of our staff! I am glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your experience with us, prior to your flight out in the morning, and that you found our location to be convenient. We look forward to your next visit!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I had a very miserable night at this Marriott! We were rudely awakened at 12:30 and 3:30 by loud partiers in the room next door and then at 5:30 and 6:00 A.M. by the smoke alarm in our room. Complaints to the front desk were largely ignored. This was by far the worst nights sleep we have ever had in a hotel.

After a month of complaining to Priceline and Marriott and anyone else that would listen the manager, a Mr Duffey, made the call...No, we will not be recieving any refunds, credits, or any other consolation for the worst night we have ever spent in a supposedly nice hotel.

The bottom line is we will not only never be staying in this Marriott again, this has pretty much left a bad taste in our mouth for Marriott in general. Customer service is apparently of no concern to this company so we will be taking our business elsewhere!

Room Tip: Speak softly...the walls are very thin!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you again for your feedback regarding your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am glad that we were able to communicate today, and hope that I was able to resolve your frustration regarding the challenges you experienced with us. As mentioned, I was disappointed to hear of your noise issues, and the lack of follow up from our staff. I apologize that this stay with us was not up to our normal standards, and do hope that we have the opportunity to have you as a guest again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights in January for $55 / night from Priceline. Location was only 10 minutes to Tampa airport and 10 minutes to downtown St. Petersburg. Location was good for our purposes, but there is not much around if you were looking for restaurants, bars, etc.

Front desk and restaurant service very friendly. Rooms were large and clean. Includes coffee, safe, nice TV. The breakfast buffet was overpriced for what was provided, but adequate.

No complaints, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay; thank you for recognizing the friendly service of our staff! We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to have you again as our Guest.

Been to St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater? Share your experiences!