“Great nights Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater

You added St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater to your Saves list
St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12600 Roosevelt Blvd., St. Petersburg, FL 33716 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great nights Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I read many mixed reviews on this location but decided to give it a try. This was an abbreviated one night stay for us after several days at St Pete Beach. I wanted a familiar brand hotel closer to the airport for a laid back evening and good nights rest. We got both. As stated in other reviews there isnt anything in walking distance but that wasnt a concern of ours. We planned on checking in, relaxing and eating onsite (Food was great!) and resting before our flight the next morning. Upon checkin the service was fantastic. Very curteous desk. he rooms were clean and inviting and quiete. If your looking for a nice place to get some rest thats near the airport dont look any further. On more note, Previous reviews have taken issue with the dual entry doors but I thought it was an interesting touch. Even if i was indifferent I wouldnt have taken issue with it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Thank you for the kind feedback; I am pleased that you enjoyed our Hotel and the service of our staff! I am glad that you were able to relax and enjoy your experience with us, prior to your flight out in the morning, and that you found our location to be convenient. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I had a very miserable night at this Marriott! We were rudely awakened at 12:30 and 3:30 by loud partiers in the room next door and then at 5:30 and 6:00 A.M. by the smoke alarm in our room. Complaints to the front desk were largely ignored. This was by far the worst nights sleep we have ever had in a hotel.

After a month of complaining to Priceline and Marriott and anyone else that would listen the manager, a Mr Duffey, made the call...No, we will not be recieving any refunds, credits, or any other consolation for the worst night we have ever spent in a supposedly nice hotel.

The bottom line is we will not only never be staying in this Marriott again, this has pretty much left a bad taste in our mouth for Marriott in general. Customer service is apparently of no concern to this company so we will be taking our business elsewhere!

Room Tip: Speak softly...the walls are very thin!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you again for your feedback regarding your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am glad that we were able to communicate today, and hope that I was able to resolve your frustration regarding the challenges you experienced with us. As mentioned, I was disappointed to hear of your noise issues, and the lack of follow up from our staff. I apologize that this stay with us was not up to our normal standards, and do hope that we have the opportunity to have you as a guest again in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Spent 2 nights in January for $55 / night from Priceline. Location was only 10 minutes to Tampa airport and 10 minutes to downtown St. Petersburg. Location was good for our purposes, but there is not much around if you were looking for restaurants, bars, etc.

Front desk and restaurant service very friendly. Rooms were large and clean. Includes coffee, safe, nice TV. The breakfast buffet was overpriced for what was provided, but adequate.

No complaints, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay; thank you for recognizing the friendly service of our staff! We look forward to your next visit and the opportunity to have you again as our Guest.
Columbia SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

When I first booked this property, I was pleased with the price but wasn't sure that the hotel's location was going to be ideal for me. (But I was willing to give it a shot for the $.)

It turned out to be a great hotel selection, and I would definitely return. The staff here is the best aspect of the property -- genuinely concerned about guests, friendly, efficient, etc. We spent a lot of time at the hotel, and we interacted with a well-trained, kind staff from start to finish -- shuttle drivers, front desk, restaurant/bar, etc. Thank you to Jill, Shane, Alicia, Andrea, Jennifer and Chuck who all made me and my friend feel welcomed and well cared for at the hotel. (There were many others, too, and I regret not catching all of your names.)

The facilities were very good. Our hotel room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Decor is standard Marriott fare (which I like, personally) with sunny yellow walls. We did find the AC didn't really cool down the bathroom/hall area in our room very well, especially when we were cranking up the hair dryers and getting ready to go out. The shower water pressure was good, but we had a hard time controlling the water temperature. It seemed there wasn't much ability to get a temperature in between really, really hot and tepid.

We think it would be worth it for the property to redo the entire pool area, possibly adding a jacuzzi, outdoor bar option, etc., putting it in a better location on the property, and making it much larger. (Would be great to rent a space like this for wedding receptions and business parties, too, so it would probably pay for itself over time.) With the hotel's location in St. Pete/Clearwater, guests expect a lot more of a resort pool area than what's currently there.

The hotel is in a business area, but using the shuttle opens up a lot of options for restaurants, shopping, etc. Cabbing it can be pricey, so we tried to use the shuttle as much as possible. The ability to take the shuttle to/from the Tampa airport is a great guest perk.

The lobby and restaurant/bar areas are very attractive and welcoming.

Thank you to the fantastic staff for taking good care of us and helping us enjoy the Gamecocks' appearance in the Outback Bowl.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Congratulations to the Gamecocks! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to St. Petersburg for the Outback Bowl over New Years. I truly appreciate your kind feedback regarding our staff - please be assured that we will recognize the individuals that you mentioned. Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to our area!
Burlingame, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I usually stay here twice a year when I am in town for our company meetings. Hotel property is nice and clean. They have a great restaurant/bar area that is usually busy every night. The fitness center is one of the nicer ones I have seen. The Executive Lounge is adequate. TPA airport is just a 15 minute drive as well. There are no restaurants within walking distance but there are plenty within a 5 mile radius.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I look forward to having you as our Guest again in the future!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Went to the West Pharmaceuticals holiday party here on Saturday, December 15; the room was absolutely beautiful, stayed on the 6th floor; dead quiet inside, absolutely huge room and the bed was so comfy! ordered room service breakfast and it was so delicious! My girlfriend and i loved it, definitely will stay again!

Room Tip: When you order the room service they wait til after 2 AM to pick up the order form, so don't wor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. They gave us a corner room on the 8th floor with an excellent view. The room as decorated well with quality furnishings. It is difficult to describe, but to get to your room you must enter a small entry way from the hallway and then enter the door to your room. I really liked this because it decreases the sound coming from the hallway and give your room more of a private feel. Wifi was free. Breakfast was a buffet for $14.95. I hope to stay here the next time I am in St. Pete.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater? Share your experiences!