When I first booked this property, I was pleased with the price but wasn't sure that the hotel's location was going to be ideal for me. (But I was willing to give it a shot for the $.)
It turned out to be a great hotel selection, and I would definitely return. The staff here is the best aspect of the property -- genuinely concerned about guests, friendly, efficient, etc. We spent a lot of time at the hotel, and we interacted with a well-trained, kind staff from start to finish -- shuttle drivers, front desk, restaurant/bar, etc. Thank you to Jill, Shane, Alicia, Andrea, Jennifer and Chuck who all made me and my friend feel welcomed and well cared for at the hotel. (There were many others, too, and I regret not catching all of your names.)
The facilities were very good. Our hotel room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Decor is standard Marriott fare (which I like, personally) with sunny yellow walls. We did find the AC didn't really cool down the bathroom/hall area in our room very well, especially when we were cranking up the hair dryers and getting ready to go out. The shower water pressure was good, but we had a hard time controlling the water temperature. It seemed there wasn't much ability to get a temperature in between really, really hot and tepid.
We think it would be worth it for the property to redo the entire pool area, possibly adding a jacuzzi, outdoor bar option, etc., putting it in a better location on the property, and making it much larger. (Would be great to rent a space like this for wedding receptions and business parties, too, so it would probably pay for itself over time.) With the hotel's location in St. Pete/Clearwater, guests expect a lot more of a resort pool area than what's currently there.
The hotel is in a business area, but using the shuttle opens up a lot of options for restaurants, shopping, etc. Cabbing it can be pricey, so we tried to use the shuttle as much as possible. The ability to take the shuttle to/from the Tampa airport is a great guest perk.
The lobby and restaurant/bar areas are very attractive and welcoming.
Thank you to the fantastic staff for taking good care of us and helping us enjoy the Gamecocks' appearance in the Outback Bowl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This newly renovated nine-story St. Petersburg hotel offers travelers a new multi-compatible, ultra flexible guest room, featuring ergonomically designed desks with high-speed Internet access and 37-inch high definition flat screen TVs. Our St Petersburg hotel amenities include a 1,600 sq ft fitness center featuring Life Fitness equipment, complimentary wi-fi throughout public areas, courtesy shuttle to/from both airports and within a five mile radius, and complimentary parking for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater Hotel St. Petersburg
- Marriott St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Marriott Hotel
- Radisson Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Radisson