Reading some of the reviews for this, it seems odd that people select individual style accommodation then bemoan that it isn't ‘cookie cutter.’
We chose it because we didn’t want the impersonal style of a chain hotel at Christmas. We wanted homely, and homely is exactly what we got.
This inn really scores for location. Easily reached from the Interstate exit, it’s in a quiet area of downtown and has free parking at the side. It’s in easy walking distance of the Pier, the Dali museum and loads of mid-range dinner options along Beach Drive.
While our room was smallish, it wasn’t cramped and we were comfortable. It was good to be on the ground floor with a street view. The simple breakfast in the lounge/desk area was sociable and adequate enough for our needs. Wi-fi was fast and I appreciated having an efficient hairdryer for a change.
It was nice to come back on Christmas Eve to a gift bag of sweets in the room. We also really liked the ‘happy hour’ of beer, wine and nibbles every evening, a nice hospitable extra on the part of the innkeepers. As we enjoyed these on Christmas Eve a couple actually came to the door hoping to check in only to be told there was 'no room at the inn!' The big Christmas tree and decorations added to a homely, family feel, as did the quirky furnishings along the hallway to the guestrooms. These were fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Important information: Starting mid July 2015, our hotel will be called "The Inn On Third". It will be the same owners and innkeepers as the last 10 years, so you can expect the same great service and hospitality as in the past. We look forward to welcoming you! Charming historic inn conveniently located in the heart of Downtown St. Petersburg. This 22 guest room inn is within walking distance to world class museums and galleries, fine dining, evening entertainment and St. Pete's beautiful waterfront. Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, is less than 1 mile from the inn. The Gulf beaches are an app. 20 Minute drive from Downtown. Amenities at the inn include a continental breakfast, a drink at Evening Happy Hour, wifi and limited onsite parking. We are a 2-star property know for excellent service and unique accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Americas Best Inn St Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Inn St Petersburg Hotel St. Petersburg
- Best Inn St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Best Inn
- Best Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Best Inn