“Perfect Place to Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Americas Best Inn St Petersburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   342 3rd Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701   |
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Perfect Place to Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I needed a quick get away and wanted a great arts experience -- so St. Petersburg was the perfect choice. After reading reviews of the hotel we decided that this was where we wanted to stay. What a perfect choice!!! Stephanie & Brian are the Best and the family atmosphere makes it so comfortable. The room was neat & clean and no matter how many times we said the room could be skipped, our bed was always made. The location is perfect -- we could walk to everything and they always recommended great places when we wanted something specific (like pizza or dessert). We highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a little piece of St. Pete, a great family run business, a clean room, great people, easy access to everything in St. Pete & an amazing value! We will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We stayed her for 3 nights in December whilst visiting friends in St Petersburg and watching the Bucs. The hotel is run by a very nice young couple who make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive.

This is an older style hotel, but it is very well maintained and very clean.

The hotel is situated is an excellent location in St Petersburg and the waterfront and pier are all easily walkable, and there are a variety of shops and bars only a couple of blocks away.
A continental breakfast is provided, which consists of cereals, pastries, hot drinks and juice. Just what is needed to set you up for a morning.

Parking is available at the side of the hotel, but be aware that if you are there on the weekend, you will have to move your car on Sunday morning, as the parking lot is owned by the church next door. It isn’t a problem though as there are a couple of on street spaces, plus you can park at the bank across the road.

I would happily stay here again, especially when you look at the price of other hotels in the same vicinity!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed here for a job interview this past summer, never having been to St. Pete. I normally stay in a nice chain hotel when I travel, but because of the reviews of this hotel, I took a chance. It's THE BEST. First, and most importantly, CLEAN. Not a hair on my bed or in the sink or in the tub. Yes, the rooms are older and the bathroom is small, but everything's so well maintained and there's none of that "old hotel smell".
So the rooms are great. The location is great. But what makes this hotel are the owners. They are the best people you will ever meet. It does feel like you're part of their family when you're there. I was in a major car accident during this trip and my rental car was totaled. Even though I had already checked out, I knew I could go back to them for assistance. They went over and above what normal, friendly people would do...setting up an airport shuttle, offering me lunch, driving me to look at potential places to live...just the feeling that I wasn't alone and was amongst friends was so important.
I wouldn't stay any place else if I were visiting St. Pete.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Delaware Water Gap, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

In town for a job interview, I found that I could not have done any better than this absolute gem of an inn. Not only was it a fantastic value, the owners (Stephanie and Brian) quite obviously hold personal touches in the highest regard. As I had never visited the area before, part of my stay was devoted to learning St. Pete should I be the successful candidate for the position. I could not have done better--Stephanie and Brian spent a great deal of time speaking to anything I had questions about, and their love of the area is obvious (and catchy!). Through their help I was able to get beyond some of the normal fun activities of the waterfront and visit other areas both commercial and residential that we might be interested in. As others have noted it is set up well to converse with those also staying at the inn, should you so desire.

This is the perfect place if you like personality, warmth and charm. If you are looking for a frat party you might be disappointed (Stephanie and Brian will answer any questions about amenities quickly and truthfully). Otherwise it isn't even a question of where to stay--just a question of when and for how long.

Room Tip: Call the owners to get a better picture of what rooms they have.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed here to be in close proximity to Jannus Landing. It's a 7 minute walk (less if you don't stroll like I did!) to the hub of downtown bars, but far enough away that you don't hear it. Staying here was like staying in someone's home. The upstairs hallway is lined with books, photos and antique furniture that gives it a personal touch. Each room is adorned with more antique furniture, lovely bedding, and overall very very clean.

Added bonus that I didn't know until I got there was the HAPPY HOUR! Lovely touch! Cheers.

Room Tip: I put "average" for sleep quality because, personally, I prefer a firmer bed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Before staying here, you must know that this is an older building. The rooms are small, as are the bathrooms. If you know this going, you'll be golden. Rooms are clean, considering their age.

The hotels owners live and work at the property. They are there for whatever you need. There are free cocktails in the evening and continental breakfast in the morning.

The location is a few blocks from Baywalk and Beach Drive. Lots of restaurants, bars, and a movie theater nearby.

My only complaints are minor:

1) The bed was a bit hard.

2) The antique bed linens come across as dirty. While I appreciate the effort to keep all rooms and furnishings true to the period of the hotel, I prefer not to sleep with an old fuzzy blanket that catches and keeps the hair of former guests.

One other note, the owners rent parking spaces from the nearby church. On Sunday mornings, the church needs their parking spaces. You'll have to move your car to the street before 8am, It's not a problem. There are plenty of free street spots on the weekend.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I travel a lot by business and pleasure and this place is a very nice if you want a break from a normal hotel life. Couple running the place is nice, helpful and you couldn't ask more from them.

I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Inn St Petersburg? Share your experiences!