“Just Stayed There!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Resort

You added Flamingo Resort to your Saves list
Flamingo Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4601 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33711 (Formerly JMS Hotel)   |
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Vero Beach, Florida, United States
“Just Stayed There!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just stayed there for Tampa Bay Leather Weekend which is held there every year. It a fun event that goes on and there other events going on all year long there Everybody should come out have a great time. The management Staff is more then helpful and they will work with anyone.. The are working on changes of the hotel in a very good way up grades of the rooms. Every Sunday they had a Tea Dance they would love all to come out an enjoy the hotel is open all year around so come out and have some fun with Events and the different Shops and services they have to offer. If you have a problem with the hotel in someway then management wants to hear this how they can improve it for your stay and stays there...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager999, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Resort, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that our guests are noticing the upgrades we are doing to the rooms, the emphasis on customer service and the creative events to enhance your experience. We hope you visit us again very soon. Thanks again for taking time out to review us. Steven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am sad to report that the Flamingo has gone way downhill since my last visit. I have stayed here many times, but our recent visit on October 1-2 was not up to standard. Our first room had a broken bed that should have been caught by housekeeping. Also, our AC unit malfunctioned during the night and switched itself from cool to heat. Early the next morning I requested a change of room and the second one was better, but the beds are tired and the room was not as clean as previously experienced. The pool water and deck were not 'pristine' as my previous review indicated. It is obvious that they are undergoing some management changes and that housekeeping and grounds cleaning are not the priority that they were previously. I know that this is their off season, and was informed that the rooms will be updated and renovated this fall, but as a loyal guest here, I expected better.

Room Tip: Avoid room 135 until they have addressed the issues mentioned
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager999, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Resort, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes, we are in the process of upgrading all of our rooms and are constantly improving common areas. We apologize for the room inconveniences and rest assured the a/c issue has been addressed as well as the broken bed. Usually, bed issues are not noticed by housekeeping (unless blatant) since they do not "test" them out when cleaning and we have to rely on guests to inform us of an issue preferably the departing guest and not the arriving one (which happened in this case). Unfortunately, this did not happen. We are happy that we were able to accommodate you in another room to your liking since the weekend was rather full with another outstanding event. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your next visit so you can see all the new things we have done - Steven
Bonita Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This "resort" is nothing but an older Howard Johnsons with minor update. Stayed there for 2 nights (minimum) over Labor Day weekend. So ridicules were the charge for the room. The planned "entertainment" was lame. Never again will I waste my time or money at a place that is so poorly managed.

Room Tip: not at Flamingo Resort.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager999, Guest Relations Manager at Flamingo Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate feedback so we can address concerns and needs of our guests. We are beginning a renovation of our rooms and common areas. we hope you visit us again in the future to see the changes.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I want to express my sincerelly great experience staying over at this fantastic resort.
All of the help there was very friendly and professional!!!
The new General Manager, Tamara Witeck was extreemly wonderful in making sure all of our requests were completely satisfied. I look forward to staying over there again very soon!!!!
I highly recommend this to anyone interested in an alternative lifestyle type resort!!
Thanks alot
TCarlton

Room Tip: Ask for Tamara at the front desk!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. we appreciate you taking the time to share your nice experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We visit here regularly to patronize the bar. ( by the way It's is pretty much just a bar with hotel rooms). Had an issue where I needed to speak with a manager on duty. One week, Shane at the front desk wasn't a manager, the next week he was. When a real manager was requested, Shane's exact words were, " I don't care what your problem is." When the next guy showed up who identified himself as a manager, he came with two security goons, who shouted explicatives. Still waiting for a phone call, (that was promised) for five weeks now.

Looking for a resort? RUN. Looking for a place to drink on a Sunday afternoon with a staff that is indifferent at best, and rude as the norm, then this is the place.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I spent the week before Pride '13, 6 night's at the Flamgino Resort. With the three theme bars on site there's plenty of fun on week nights and weekends. The pool and cabana bar can't be beat for a great spot to hang, tan and meet new friends. Also the front desk was very friendly. However, staying at the resort has it downside. The door key card lock often didnt work so over my stay i needed to get 4 new key cards. Each night of my 6 day stay, there very loud, throbbing music blaring at the pool until at least 3am; on two nights the music blared until dawn. Also, on three night's there was loud, rowdy people in. The pool until 3am. I love to have a good time, but enough is a enough with the loud music. Also over my stay my room was only refreshed on one occasion. When one came to clean the room, on the third day I asked Anna, a sweet person to refresh the room. At 5:30pm it still wasn't cleaned so I asked again and she came right away. Considering the reasonable price, I wasn't overly upset by the lack of housekeeping, but was surprised there wasn't a daily cleaning routine. All in all, in the future, I would use the fun entertainment complex but wouldn't stay at this resort again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

"Always happy here at the Flamingo, VERY pet friendly, Bartenders Terry & Kevin and Server Molly are always a pleasure too see and VERY welcoming & on top of taking care of your/their guests; as well as Tammy behind the front desk; we can't say the same about the shirtless Barback worker with the tattoos & beard in his mid 20's even my straight Sister said he was kinda rude & ignored the bar guests that were trying to make conversation with him...REALLY disappointed in the Friday night Fish fry tho, not being catty here, I was REALLY looking forward to the Fish Fry cause we missed it last month when we were here, we both got it & were really not at all happy with it, cost was $11 and in reality you would get a bigger & better portion on the value menu from Long John Silvers, my Sister got the Philly Cheese Steak she was happy, next time we will just stick to burgers or sandwiches & leave the Fish Fry for the dieters & light eaters...All in all no complaints here, been here many times in the past & will be here many more times & look forward to getting out of the Mouse Trap town city Orlando we live in...We stay in the pet rooms & they are always as clean as they can be, and for the money we pay to stay here it's a REALLY good value, The Flamingo is not the Ritz Carlton but they are NOT trying to be one, very comfortable & laid back...I highly recommend Flamingo to anybody that's coming to this part of the state..."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Flamingo Resort? Share your experiences!