I spent two enjoyable days at the Flamingo Resort over New Years. I have been staying at this property ever since Jack Dougherty took it over a few years back. He has put a lot of time, talent and treasure into making this one the best Gay properties in the State of Florida. While it is far from luxurious, the grounds and rooms are spanking clean, the pool is huge and pristine, and his bars and dining continue to be outstanding. Jack has always known how to throw a party, but in the early years no one came. This has all changed now, as his reputation is spreading. Word of mouth from people like myself are his best advertising! The property itself keeps getting better and better. The food has gone from adequate to outstanding and several new bars have been added, from another outdoor Tikibar to the dark and sleazy leatherbar called CODE. What really makes Jack's opperation excell however, are his people. From the front desk to the bartenders and servers, to the housekeeping crew, you will not find a friendlier place to stay. His hard work finally paid off with this year's New Years Eve party. Every room, all 120 of them were booked solid and I would estimate that over the course of the evening over 1,000 friendly people partied hardy at the Flamingo. Everyone was pleasant and well behaved; they were having too much fun to be otherwise. There was live entertainment not found elsewhere, such at a Cique de Sole style show, go-go dancers, a balloon drop at midnight and free bubbly. There was a DJ at poolside and the party went on from early until well after 3AM. A wonderful time was had by all and I must say that this was the most fun I've had in years and perhaps ever! Kudos to Jack and his staff for throwing one hell of a party at a great venue. I'm sure I'll return next year and look forward to the continued improvements of the property and their creative party planning. Highly reccomended whether you are Gay, straight or just looking to have a blast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FLAMINGO GLBT RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEXJust minutes from some of the best beaches in America, Flamingo is a must at the top of your list of Gay Travel Destinations. The Flamingo Resort has 120 Hotel Rooms, the Flamingo Grill & Cafe, 9 On-Site Shops, 7 Bars and an 80,000 Gallon Pool. Enjoy Tropical Drinks served at the poolside Cabana or relax inside at Flamingo's Video Bar... or dance the night away at the Flamingo BLU Room Night Club, with Live DJ's, Light Shows & The Flamingo Royal Players Cabaret Show! Our goal at the Flamingo Resort is to ensure your complete satisfaction while visiting Florida's Largest Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Resort & Entertainment Complex. We are able to do this by offering Non-Stop Entertainment, Great Food & Drinks and a fabulous staff that understand our Customers are our number one focus. Our job is to create the atmosphere of your dreams where you can meet new friends make new memories, and have a fantastic time!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets and Venere so you can book your Flamingo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Hotel St. Petersburg
- Jms Hotel St Petersburg
- Knights Inn Saint Petersburg