Flamingo Resort Rating 3.5 out of 5
Overall Rating - Recommended
Value Rating - Good
Price Rating - Good
Service Rating - Good
Cleanliness Rating Fair to Good
Security Rating Fair
Location Rating Fair
The Flamingo is truly an urban oasis, a place to stop for refreshment (potent cocktails at great prices), a decent meal and perhaps a cooling dip in their huge pool. You might choose this establishment as a destination and stay for days at a time. Whether you will be happy with your stay might depend on your expectations going in.
I had the opportunity to speak with some of the people working the bars and restaurants along with hotel management and I made it clear that the negative reviews I had encountered while researching places to stay had convinced me not to choose Flamingo for my 5 day pre-cruise stay in St. Pete. A friend of mine convinced me to give it a try, and I'm glad that I did. It's not a perfect paradise but I am hopeful that the management has made a commitment to address the complaints that are common in reviews.
The staff are among the hardest working group of people I've ever encountered. They work long hours to provide a resort experience for their guests. This is a full service operation and quite a handful to maintain. It is refreshing to see people trying hard in a sometimes difficult environment. The result may not be perfect, but I felt comfortable to interact with staff whether positive or negative.
And, no---it's not a Hilton; but you're not paying Hilton prices either. I'll choose the high end if I want to luxe out and dress up. If I want to r-e-l-a-x, I'll choose the Flamingo, let my hair down and get my gay on. No screaming kids or bad attitudes here. Watch a show, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the dancers in Code Bar---it's anything but boring.
I would stay at Flamingo again. I hope this review doesn't sound like a ringer----I'm inclined to accentuate the positive and the staff clearly won me over. Give it a try...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FLAMINGO GLBT RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEXJust minutes from some of the best beaches in America, Flamingo is a must at the top of your list of Gay Travel Destinations. The Flamingo Resort has 120 Hotel Rooms, the Flamingo Grill & Cafe, 9 On-Site Shops, 7 Bars and an 80,000 Gallon Pool. Enjoy Tropical Drinks served at the poolside Cabana or relax inside at Flamingo's Video Bar... or dance the night away at the Flamingo BLU Room Night Club, with Live DJ's, Light Shows & The Flamingo Royal Players Cabaret Show! Our goal at the Flamingo Resort is to ensure your complete satisfaction while visiting Florida's Largest Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Resort & Entertainment Complex. We are able to do this by offering Non-Stop Entertainment, Great Food & Drinks and a fabulous staff that understand our Customers are our number one focus. Our job is to create the atmosphere of your dreams where you can meet new friends make new memories, and have a fantastic time!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Hotel St. Petersburg
- Jms Hotel St Petersburg
- Knights Inn Saint Petersburg