“Rooms leave much to be desired.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flamingo Resort

Save Saved
You added Flamingo Resort to your Saves list
Flamingo Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   4601 34th St S, St. Petersburg, FL 33711 (Formerly JMS Hotel)   |
Ranked #27 of 46 hotels in St. Petersburg
Orlando, Florida
“Rooms leave much to be desired.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my first time here, I had read reviews on another site that were pretty positive so my partner and I decided to spend our weekend here. Big mistake. When so got into our room the first thing we noticed was the smell which luckily we were able to fix by turning on the AC. We then noticed the blue sitting chair with all kinds of stains on it, we made sure not to sit on it or put anything on it. I go to sit on the bed and the white down comforter the was brown stains that looked like someone had wiped their behind on it. No kidding. The pillow on the bed was a small traveling pillow. After seeing this we decided to buy some bed sheets and pillows. The bath tub had yellow rust stains all over it so we made sure to shower with flip flops. I'm a guy thats usually easy to please but I was totally disappointed about my experience and will not be returning, The only thing we did enjoy with the gift shop where they sold swim suits, post cards, and ornaments.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Florida City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have gone a couple times, I must say the first time the room was a bit old, the last time, the room was in better condition. The rooms never do get really cool though.
We wont be staying again, due to some activity that we observed in the pool, we are a straight couple, that goes with our gay friends,and there was extra activities going on in the pool by straight and gay couples. It is a place to stay if you have been drinking.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The pool and bar areas are nice.The restaurant looks good.Its a friendly crowd. Mostly locals.I would not try to stay there. The place is rundown. The rooms are old, and worn.Bathrooms are small. The air conditioner is very loud.
There are unshady characters there. Not sure if hustlers, or dug dealers. Probably both.There is some cruising going on in the bathroom area.Didnt see it anywhere esle.

Wilton Manors, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The website and ads are totally different than what this place really look like. They want a deposit of $100 when you check in then they proceed to tell you no smoking in the room and if they smell that you have they keep it. THE ROOM SMELLED LIKE AN ASHTRAY. Of course I let the front desk person know. The next thing I notice is the dirty carpet with cigarette burns all over it. I walked in the bathroom and the first thing I notice is the roll of toilet paper is half used. They couldn't even provide a new roll. While in the bathroom I noticed a splatteron the cieling from a colored liquid. There was also mold on the bottom edge of the shower curtain. I went outside the room to look at the pool area and noticed more things. The pool had black mold on the walls. There was a questionable thug looking man walking around and one of the guests told me to watch my stuff because he is looking to steal. They let anyone from outside the property in....you don't have to be a guest.I don't know why they don't put any money into this place. It has so much potential. So sad. Never again!
I WISH I WOULD HAVE TAKEN PICS TO PROVE IT! TRUST ME.

Room Tip: DON'T GO! Its just not a great property
Columbus, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

No water working in room, no toilet working in room.. shards of glass in my breakfast.. people in pool all night long,,, air conditioning doesnt work very well.. internet worked for about 5 min a day.. had to keep calling and getting them to reset router.. room in disrepair.. very out dated...wud never stay here again.. stay somewhere else and use pool here for free like everyone else does

Room Tip: stay somewhere else and come use pool here for free like everyone else does
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bradenton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We recently stayed the weekend.

First Room:
1. Door lock broken.
2. Filthy stains on floor.
3. Smelled like cigarette smoke.
3. Air hardly cooled.

Second Room:
1. STUNK!

Third Room.
1. Overall Cleaner.
2. Filthy Carpets.
3. Toilet had black mold ring.
4. Top of bathroom tile was actually black from dirt.
5. Took three trips to the front desk to get a working remote for the TV.

Although the place is starting to get run down looking like, rusting railings, stains over walkways, and filthy smelly rooms the staff has been very friendly and helpful.

I hope the place doesn't run down like the old Suncoast Hotel.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you settle on one.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We chose to stay during St Pet Pride 2012 and proved to be a great exoerience. Comfortable but basic rooms but onsite shops, restaurant and clubs were great. Nice pool and staff was helpful. Loved the 70's/80's music in the dance club on Saturday. Great band by the pool and drag shows too. Lots of fun and no need to drive back to a room later.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Flamingo Resort? Share your experiences!