“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Jacksonville
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2006

The location was great. On a main highway, minutes from Tropicana field and the Pier. Enjoyed the pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The only oddity was that I booked a suite, which did have a cube refrigerator, microwave, and small sink but that was all. There was no dish clothes or towels (not even paper towels), no utensils or plates. It made it hard to utilize the kitchenette. Other than that, the stay was good and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

We came down to St. Pete to see the Red Sox and Devil Rays game. They have directions ready for you at the front desk, its so close to the stadium, its awesome. Nice staff, clean rooms, big pool and fantastic breakfast. I'm a convert, I'm only doing Hampton Inn from now on. One bummer, restaurants were hard to find, fast food is all around, but not many cool sit-down places.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2006

This Hampton Inn is pretty nice considering its location. Everything was clean and in order. This particular Hampton Inn has not been upgraded to the new stlye of bedding. Everytime I took a shower I had to wait 10+ minutes for the hot water to arrive. At first, I called the desk to complain and they told me to wait so I did. I didn't use the pool but it is very large for a Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly. The included breakfast was good with eggs and saugsage to go along with the usual cold stuff. A sign in the lobby advertised "Farm Fresh Egg" and it is obvious that they were not. They are little round egg patties! The coffee was really good. Also free hi-speed internet (wired) in the room is always nice. No restaurants really close. You have to drive 10-15 minutes to find some.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2005

Our family spent two nights at the Hampton Inn while visiting family over Thanksgiving. I was impressed by the condition of the hotel. It was very clean and well maintained. The rooms were large and comfortable. The kids liked the outdoor pool though the "hot tub" left a little to be desired! The hotel has interior corridors and was very quiet. I could not hear any noise from any other rooms. Our room had a refridgerator and a coffee pot in it. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast and has coffee and tea available all the time. The breakfast selection was very good and the quality of food was much better than I ever expected. Check in was fast and check out was even faster. There are laundry facilities in the hotel which we utilized to wash our sandy beach attire. Overall we had a very nice stay and would definately stay at this hotel the next time we visit the St. Petersburg area.

• Stayed November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

We arrived at the hotel on July 23. It was easy to find; we were checked in quickly and efficiently by a very cheerful young man. We parked in the shaded lot, entered the building with our electronic keys and took the interior stairs up to the 3rd floor. (The elevator prooved to be a major slow poke during our stay.) The hallways above first floor were much too warm, but our room was comfortably cool when we entered. The room was as requested, very clean with a pleasant fragrance. Our window overlooked the pool, spa & sundeck below. It was lovely! The surrounding area was well kempt as well. The bathroom floor appeared to be ceramic tile, and the shower had one of those curved curtain rods which provided lots of extra space. The usual toiletries and towels were provided. The linens, pillows and comforters were clean and in excellenet condition. The mattresses were very comfortable. Complimentary continental breakfast provided the next morning offerred a good choice of items. The attendant was prompt and courteous, the food and drink were fresh and plentiful. Check-out was not necessary - the bill was left under my door very early in the morning. We simply left our keys in the room and departed. The property is situated in a location convenient to dining, shopping, entertainment and sports events. Our stay was most enjoyable - I highly recommend this property. By the way, the Devil Rays won the game 3 to 2!

• Stayed July 2005
Key Largo, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

The problem I had at this hotel was not with the hotel itself- it's a very nice property (although located in a very shady area- think pawn shops and check advance stores every block), it was with the management. I was here for business and the manager of the property at the time argued with me over a large phone charge that should not have been on my bill.

First off, there was no free internet (in room) at the time and I had to figure out how to access my dial up service. When I stay at a hotel I ALWAYS ask if a number is local prior to dialing it, as I've been stuck in the past with phone charges, even within the same area code. To make a long story short, I was told by the desk clerk that a number WAS indeed local (I gave her a list of 3 different ones), I used that to access my dial up internet service, and 3 days later when I checked my bill on the in room television set, I discovered nearly $100/day charge for phone use. When I asked to have the charges reversed, I was told in no uncertain terms that they would NOT do it, it was my fault, I should have known that the area I was calling was long distance (despite my having never travelled to this state), and the desk clerk told the manager that she never told me the number was local.

In the end, we had to turn it over to our corporate management team to address and it ruined my stay there, upset me terribly (I had to explain all of this to my boss and was worried sick about getting in trouble over it), and I felt weird walking past the front desk after that or eating breakfast in the dining area because the manager was right there and I felt humiliated from his treatment of me in front of other guests and employees.

So the property is nice, but watch your wallets and do NOT make any phone calls from your room. If you have a problem, do not expect friendly service and a quick resolution to your issue.

• Stayed March 2004, traveled on business
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

The hotel itself was okay but I was disappointed in the location. I thought this hotel was a 1/2 mile from The Pier and and it was over 5 miles. The neighborhood around it looked run down which made me nervous about staying there. The swimming pool was clean and heated, the rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet was good.

Been to Hampton Inn St. Petersburg? Share your experiences!