“Quiet and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
NE Florida
“Quiet and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We took a long weekend trip to St. Pete. The room was comfortable and clean (nothing real special though). The bed was comfortable. We got a pretty good rate and we were centrally located between the Beaches and downtown St. Pete. Breakfast was OK. Seem like all the hotels have slipped in this area in the past couple of years. We went out to get breakfast. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Overall it was a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North and West side were pretty quiet. Had a pool view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband had business in the city so I traveled with him for the stay. This hotel is pretty good. The bed was comfy, stylish and clean. The bathroom was nice until I saw the ants on the floor - the 4th floor. Pool area was nice. Breakfast was adequate, staff was friendly and helpful. The area was the pits. The best store in the neighborhood was big lots, the only restaurants nearby were fast food. The area looked very run down. Couldn't wait to get back home.

Room Tip: Room that ends in 12, 14, 16 have a nice grassy view with a pond in the distance.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
srewy, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I understand you were disappointed in the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for the pests you encountered. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff and pest control affiliates to address and prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again so we may show you the quality accommodations you expect and deserve.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I travel for business and almost always stay at a Hampton Inn. I was shocked that his property has the Hampton name on the outside. It is rather old and outdated but that did not bother me as much as the dirt and debris in the hallways and in my room. I found this property to be extremely dirty; thus, cleanliness is lacking! And, it is not in the best part of town. The morning breakfast buffet does not have much variety as I have experienced elsewhere. There one saving grace is the delighful lady who was working in the breakfast area- she was very friendly and put a smile on my face at the end of an otherwise less than stellar experience. I definitely would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your loyalty to our brand and regret to hear about your disappointment while staying with us. Our dedicated team adheres to strict quality assurance practices and your comments let us know we need to make improvements to our current operations. Thank you for alerting us to these service opportunities and we will incorporate your comments into our training processes. I also appreciate your compliments about our shining star. We've shared your compliments with her and thanked her for her dedication to our true Hamptonality. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to see how you've helped us improve.

Dacula
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We checked in and then went to meet the rest of our party in the lobby. The second floor leaked down into the lobby and water was going everywhere. When we needed assistance we were passed off to manangement that was not available. My husband and uncle had to help move their desk with computer out of the way to keep it from getting ruined. I have yet to get a response from management. One guest that had been staying there for months due to a house issue comment, "Oh, it finally gave huh?"

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. I can assure you that we take all guests' concerns very seriously and I can assure you, I will personally work to ensure such missteps do not occur in the future. Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and help make things right.

Newark, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Looking for Hampton Inn's standard of service and cleanliness and this place fell well short. The staff was cold and ineffective. Matching the damp, musky, less than clean room we were provided. Not enough to keep me from reserving other Hampton rooms, but hard to believe this place is in the Hampton family. If you have another option for a similar price in the area take it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're dedicated to making guests feel welcome and comfortable in every aspect of their stay. I regret to hear that cleanliness concerns and service issues prevented us from offering you the excellent experience you expected. We're reviewing your comments with our staff and additional training will be provided in these important areas. Thank you for bring this to my attention and we hope to have a second chance to show you our true Hamptonality.

Perry Hall, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just had an overnight stay in this hotel last August of 2012 and it was just fine.We went to this area of Florida just to get a break from Orlando and to check the place out. We loved the areas beaches and attractions very much that we will be back. The room was comfortable. The staff were friendly and the free breakfast was a plus. The only thing I can criticize is that we just recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Harrisonburg, VA and comparing the rooms, the VA one is more spacious. But I would still recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here on Feb 15. The Hampton was admittedly our second choice because the Vinoy was fully booked (Valentine's weekend I guess). The strong points: great location, quiet, clean, well appointed and very good breakfast (much better than the average Hampton). Why not 5 stars -- parking is a hassle and service at front desk was cold at times (but good at others), price is high for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn St. Petersburg? Share your experiences!