“Solid property in St Pete” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Cary, NC
“Solid property in St Pete”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here on Feb 15. The Hampton was admittedly our second choice because the Vinoy was fully booked (Valentine's weekend I guess). The strong points: great location, quiet, clean, well appointed and very good breakfast (much better than the average Hampton). Why not 5 stars -- parking is a hassle and service at front desk was cold at times (but good at others), price is high for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Overall my experiences with Hampton Inns are very good. This one is older and not in the best part of town. It was clean and comfortable like most Hampton's. After I checked in and unpacked I found that my toilet was not working properly. I asked to be moved to another room but was told they were sold out. As a diamond member I guess I at least expected a "sorry" for my experience. The hotel was nice but the staff was lacking...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a perfectly fine place to stay with close proximity to everything downtown in St Petersburg. Not flashy. Big drawback is the lack of self-parking. All parking is by valet. Breakfast is the standard fare, too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I travel a good bit and I am a Hilton honors member so I try to use their properties whenever possible. This property really needs an update. Everything just seems pretty worn. The staff was friendly enough but the overall condition of the rooms and dining area was just really average or perhaps a bit below average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We always try to stay at Hampton. But the really downtown one was just a bit more than we wanted to pay. This Hampton was just a couple of miles from downtown, a little closer to the beaches, and was very clean and nice. The rooms were good sized, they were quiet, and we got a good sleep both nights we were there. We ate at restaurants in St Pete on the gulf,so the location of the hotel meant that it was easier to drive there. But it only took 10-12 minutes to drive back downtown, so it seemed pretty ideal to us. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Oh boy...this was NOT good. The neighborhood is scary. Be sure to lock your car and bring in all your belongings. The staff was wonderful. They were so nice and polite. I think we are just accustomed to a different class of hotel. This hotel appears to be old and tired. The elevator and hallways were dirty. My husband made the mistake of walking in the room barefoot and he said the carpet was 'sticky'. I wouldn't take my shoes off after that so I have no clue. The room smelled musty and we think there may have been some water damage at some point. The ceiling looked like it had a bad repair done in the past. We were so uncomfortable with the cleanliness and location that we called another hotel in the area and actually moved. I've never had to do hat before. This is NOT the typical Hampton.

• Stayed December 2012
srewy, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
The carpet in all guest rooms and in all guest public spaces is 5 months old. The carpet may seem dirty, but I acn assure you it's not . The design is a light color on one side and a dark color on the other side. Our carpet is new.

Been to Hampton Inn St. Petersburg? Share your experiences!