“Not as nice as last time” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Jupiter, FL
“Not as nice as last time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here on November 17 and it was the third time I've stayed at this property. Unfortunately things seem to have gone down hill a bit since my last visit. The room had a distinct odor of bug spray (better than bugs) and the shower didn't appear to have been cleaned last couple of go arounds. There was mildew in the shower, hair everywhere and the curtain was pretty dirty. The headboard also had chunks of wood gouged out of it. BUT, as always the staff was very friendly and they graciously allowed the runners a later check-out. Might try the other Hampton next time though.

Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I travel for work every week and regularly stay at Hampton Inns. The property unfortunately is not up to the average standards of Hilton. I checked in, the lobby staff were friendly but there was this overwhelming smell of floor cleaner that was over powering. I went to my room, #211 and was disgusted. There was food crumbs all over the floor, looked as if it had not been vacuumed in some time. The window had this film on it that you could not see out off, windex, not a dificult concept. Also the bathrom had mold on both the ceiling and in the shower. I did not feel comfortable even sitting down on the bed because of little black specks on the duvet. I immediately called Hilton to change my reservations. I left after less than an hour, that is how bad this property was. The whole place was extremely dated and aged as well as not maintained. Would only suggest staying here if all other hotels are booked.

• Stayed November 2012
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed here before & will stay here again. This is a very nice hotel. The staff, from Kim, Melissa & Jessica at the front desk to Nancy who looks after the breakfast room, all are very friendly, out going & helpful. The breakfast has quite a variety of items: 2 or 3 hot items that vary daily, fresh fruit salad, yogurt, apples, oranges, bananas to name some.

The rooms are very spacious, clean & comfortable. The pool area is very nice & spacious with many lounges for sun seekers.

Room Tip: This hotel is on US19 so you might want to keep this in mind when choosing your room location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cayman Brac
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

In October after a 10 hour flight my husband and I checked into Hampton Inn in St. Petersburg. We have stayed here many times before and have been satisfied with the room and the service. However after our last stay, I am going to re-think staying here again. This is mainly the management end of the hotel. There was a wedding the weekend we were there and we were in a ground floor room where it was suppossed to be quieter. Well it was quieter, after going to sleep at 2 am. I awoke at 6am to find our carpet wet and water pouring from the ceiling, down the walls and an inch deep in our bath room, I walked to the front desk and told them about the water and was asked if I wanted to move to another room. Well that was a no brainer, so we packed our wet suit cases along with wet cloths in them and went to another ground floor room. Thinking that management would stop by during the afternoon and offer to have our wet things laundered and see if we were ok in the room, nothing was done. The room we were in was damp the whole time we were there, I know they had to call the fire department to turn off the water, and I know our first room was wrecked by all of the water that finally ended up in it, but the management should have stepped up to the base. I have written Hilton Honors to no avail, they said they would respond with in three business days, it has been since the 15th of October, that is when the message from Tamela Williams, Hilton Honors, last sent anything.
100% guarantee for satisfaction or you don't pay????? I don't think so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Found this hotel to be very clean, comfortable, accommodating and friendly. The location has something for everyone - restaurants, drug stores, dept. stores, etc. We had tried a hotel closer to the North Shore Aquatic Center ( by a few minutes) last year and were VERY disappointed. Thankfully we found the Hampton Inn and had a much more pleasant experience. The hot breakfast included with the room was simple - yet fresh and really helped us manage a tight schedule by opening early! The pool was lovely & well kept. Staff was awesome! We will stay there on our next trip to St. Pete.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saint Petersburg USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

i was amazed, pleasantly by the service given, the front desk clerk, kim, was courteous, funny, kind, and thoughtful. We all enjoyed ourselves, she had awesome recommendations, and always inquired about our day. I will return to this hotel, it was clean, and quiet. Not nessesarily the greatest neighborhood, but i felt safe...just awesome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at the above hotel this past Sunday evening. When I entered the hotel, the clerk (Melissa) was very friendly and welcomed me to the hotel. I had asked her for directions to Tropicana field as we had tickets to the ballgame the next day and she gave me a map with directions. I asked about local places to have dinner and she gave me the name of several nice restaurants. When we went to the room it was very clean and very nice. After having a bad experience last month at another hotel in Canada, I definitely wanted to make sure that this room was as I expected. I was very happy and pleased with the room and the service. The breakfast buffet the next morning was very good and the food was very good and plenty of it. I would definitely recommend this hotel and want to thank Melissa for her friendly and helpful attitude.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple