“Not a place to sleep” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #358 of 706 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a fine cafe inside an art gallery and studio.
Description: This is a fine cafe inside an art gallery and studio.
Florida
“Not a place to sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I purchased an overnight stay through Groupon and planned a trip with my friend. We were traveling from Sarasota and very excited due to the art atmosphere. I could write a lot of details, but suffice to say - this is not a place you would want to spend the night. It was extremely dirty, the mattress was ancient, the bedding was terrible - I felt like I was visiting my son's dorm room. Within 15 minutes of checking in, we contacted a hotel beach side and left. I contacted Groupon and they refunded my money. The store was cute, but trust me, you do not want to sleep here (unless they have completed some major remodeling/cleaning since we were here) - but they are very nice people!! I wish I had written this review sooner, but they were such nice people I felt bad to do it, but after reading the review from lisk, I see that they haven't changed anything, even though I did send them a personal report as to why we left.

Visited August 2012

Ardmore, Pennsylvania
“Anchor for the Historic Kenwood area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

It is a very interesting place. Pottery and art shop and cafe. Can get light fare, some beers, any coffee type drink, teas, ciders. Live music, great acts play here. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Go there and buy your wife a really nice gift (a little pricey, but unique gifts), stay and have lunch, sign up for a pottery class. Sounds quirky. It is. But really a neat place.

Visited November 2012
Treasure Island, Florida
“Art and Appreciation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a fun place to stop into. Whether just for a cup of coffee and a muffin or a hearty soup the Craftsman House is a step out of the ordinary and into the extraordinary. Hand made art abounds in every room and a variety of crafts. One of the best places to find that special gift for the person who has everything as they probably don't have something from there. From serious craftsmanship items to whimsical doodads, you will find something to catch your eye. The food is quite good too, and healthy! Some of their specials are a great way to not only purchase an item to use, but to get it filled with an edible treat that only doubles the fun! Go there today!

Visited November 2012
Brooksville, Fl.
“Did not even stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

For the first time of after living in Hernando flordia for 8 years, my husband and I visited St. Petersburg. With the help of the groupon I was able to book a night at the Craftsman House close to the downtown. I had the whole weekend planned with a bunch of outings. To our dismay, could not stay at the inn due to how dirty the room was. We couldnt quite understand how this place could be so dirty if it is the only room they offer. Well we checked in and checked out within hours of arriving to St. Petersburg. The good thing is that we only live an hour and a half from downtown St. Pete. We did have a great time in the town. I am sorry to say that we will not be going back to this place-too bad because it really could be a great place with the right TLC. We did not eat here either. Sorry Jeff, this would have to be a thumbs down.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Venue first, food second”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We redeemed a Groupon. Food was good but service was not typical of a restaurant where someone checks on you periodically. Lovely surroundings. But we felt that this was a store first and restaurant second. I would only return to shop at the store. I'd have to REALLY like this place to deal with the lackadaisical way of dealing with diners. I felt that we were having to ask to be attended...instead of feeling like we were belng welcomed guests.

• Visited October 2012