We stayed in the "townhouses" at the Magnuson for a week. The suites are huge and have nice kitchenettes. The place is getting old though, and is showing its age. The outside area is very nice though, with 2 nice sized pools, a hot tub, a small playground, and a small beach (more for sunning than swimming). The snack bar has good "pool" food, but we've never eaten at the restaurant. I must say though that the staff is fantastic! They are friendly and helpful and definitely aim to please. We had several problems with our rooms, including clogged toilets, no phone service, and no internet service. The latter two problems we were told were service provider issues, not the fault of the hotel. Regardless, they tried their best to fix the issue, including the rebooting of their system. My toilet didn't flush twice during my stay, and the second time, the front desk manager came to fix it himself rather than wait for maintenance since I really needed to use it! The housekeeping staff were hard working and friendly. Every staff member was extremely friendly and helpful. I did not pass a single one who did not greet me and/or ask how things were going. The workers made our stay a pleasant and relaxing experience. There is a small fitness room that has a couple elipticals and treadmills. I wouldn't call the place a "resort", but it's a clean, beautifully staffed motel in a perfect location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn