The best thing about this hotel for us was the reasonable price and location to the college we were visiting. The rooms needed updates, beds felt old but were clean. The fitness room had 2 broken machines and needs basic upgrades, like towels for wiping equipment, hand weights, and a water dispenser. The staff was very helpful and were courteous. The restaurant was understaffed and the waitstaff overwhelmed at breakfast. I only wanted to pay for a cup of coffee to go and no one had time to help me, even though the urns are displayed for guests to help themselves. Perhaps either providing free coffee or the "honor system" for payment would be preferable. Teams from different states were in the restaurant for spring break training and service suffered. I did not order food so can not comment on the cuisine. Pool and grounds near hotel looked lovely but too cold to swim. I would stay here again but only if the price remained reasonable. If you are ok with the basics and need a good rate then stay here. If you want a beautiful beach and modern touches, stay elsewhere. Plenty of those around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn