The price was right for the first week of baseball training season and spring break. After I removed the 60's flowery spreads and installed the nice white comforters from the closet the room looked acceptable. Had all the needed amenities, refer, box tv w cable; hair dryer and nice tub/shower. I'd recommend requesting the original one story rooms. They were the most soundproof of any hotel anywhere. So quiet........and the ice and washing machines are across the way.
Downside...at least in Feb. 2013...no internet access anywhere if you have an Apple product. They did buy one new computer and installed it in the lobby for 24 hour free access but even event presenters couldn't use their on-line power point. Beach was shabby and unkempt; tennis courts a wreck. Pool was nice and extra heated pool and jacuzzi hot and bubbly.
Restaurant fare blah except for a good chicken pasta primavera. You have to drive a couple of miles to get to other food sources tho. It's at the south end of town and isolated. St. Pete beach area is about 8 miles west. It's an ok location if you are seeking to visit St. Pete's museums (Dali and Art, History and Holocaust) but this not for beach sunbathing.
You must have your own car here. If I had my druthers I'd seek a mom and pop motel along the beaches. The employees are this resort were very friendly and helpful. Sad the place needs so much work to get it up to par. Hope they can do it tho. I did like my quiet get away room.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Olotels, Otel, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.