Stayed here for a Half Marathon, picked this hotel because of price and it was decently rated. Pros: the grounds are very nice, beautiful views of the water.
Challenges we had: Shower curtain had a large, unsightly stain. Ate in the restaurant, mainly because there was nothing else around. It was less than half empty but service was extremely slow. Our server did the best he could but it was just severely understaffed for the evening. The restaurant manager was great, but she had not been notified that there was a race event in the area (this was a hotel listed on the race site). Manager gave us a % off, but we felt like we wasted so much time. Food was just okay. While the beds were comfortable, the A/C was SO loud, I couldn't sleep through the night. I scheduled a wake-up call but I always set the alarm on my phone just in case. Thank goodness because my wake-up call came almost 35 minutes late. Would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn