My husband and I had to make a sudden trip to Fl. because his mother is declining in health and was entering Hospice. At this time we are very unsure of how long we will be here, it is a day to day process. We had to move from one hotel to the next due to the change from Nursing home to Hospice and were referred to the Magnuson by his sister who lives near by. She recommended the hotel because it is close to her condo and she thought they may offer a discount for Condo residents. She called the hotel and spoke to Kelly, a very nice gentleman,who helped us.
He was able to secure a room for us at a discount. He assured us to take our time and arrive when we could that he had left our name at the desk. When we arrived the desk did indeed know my husbands name and gave us the discount, although we still paid more than the man checking in before us. Oh well. Who knows the circumstances. We explained that we do not know how long we will be there and the girl was nice enough.
The room is OK. My husband was a bit put off by the hotel because he felt it was over priced for the type of place it is,I think it was just the $580+ of unexpected expense for 4 nights. I don't know if I understand better than him being that I grew up in San Diego and know how expensive even motels are if they are on the Bay or the beach....but I told him it was priced fine for where it is. We get beautiful sunsets and sunrises, which are a welcome sight after the days we are experiencing! There is nothing better than to see Gods beautiful scenery every morning when you have to face the loss of a loved one.
But I am getting off subject..... the hotel is fine. We have eaten at the Periscope restaurant twice and the food was pretty good. It was empty both times and the wait staff was OK. I wish there were some way to explain that we are not on vacation so that they stop asking us how our vacation is.....but again, that is off subject because they don't know and in other circumstances it would be very friendly of them!! So I think I am going to call that a plus!!
The wifi doesn't work that well ,very, very, slow. But I use the wifi at the Hospice everyday so I am not too worried about it.
Housekeeping seems good and sweet! I have a stuffed lamb that was sitting on the bed ( yeah...STUFFED lamb...don't judge!) yesterday when we came back housekeeping had made the bed and set my lamb up on the pillows so it was the first thing I noticed when I came around the corner into the room.
SO...is it fancy? NO. Is it clean? YES! Are they KIND? YES! This is a very difficult time for us and having somewhere to come back to at the end of the day is a comfort. For that we are grateful!!
Be back after we leave!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Venere, getaroom.com, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.