When you first arrive, you are greeted by rooms that look more like cabanas. The landscape throughout the grounds are tropical, plush, and very well maintained. I was reminded of Disney Resorts and hotels in the Florida Keyes. We had three generation on this vacation with ages ranging from 74 - 3. Everyone had a great time. The hotel offers shuffle board, tennis, bicycle rentals, a pool table, electronic darts, two pools and a hot tub. There is a bar on stilts overlooking the beach and pools. The beach is actually sand the hotel put down over 1000 feet that lets you stroll out in waist high water where the manatee play and the fish jump. We encountered horseshoe crabs on our visit. The hotel sits so far down on the tip of St. Petersburg that I felt cut off from the rest of the world. However, traveling less than one mile brings you to a grocery store, drug store, and many resturants. The rooms were some of the cleanest I have encountered. I have found my new favorite spot. The drawbacks are easy fixes. The coffee makers provided by the hotel make one cup at a time. You get 3 regular and 3 decaf pouches. If you are a coffee drinker, bring your own coffee and maker. Also, the hotel provides microwaves for $5 a day plus tax. If you need one, bring one. Also, ask your server if gratuity is figured into your check total. I ended up double tipping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn